• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE vs. water hole

DemonRC

My son was rocketing his Slash around a park with my old 3s lipos. I was chasing him in the XBE across it and we both nailed a water hole. The top of the Slash's tires were almost under water. It was deep. Of course he nailed the trigger and plowed his way out and I did the same. I knew my receiver was going to be fine due to the water proof Traxxas receiver box I installed. I was just worrying about the ESC going up in flames. Anyways, I turned it off and turned it upside down for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, and ran another 30 minutes. It was fine. The ESC may not be waterproof but it's pretty dam water resistant. I opened it up when I got back to the house and the inside was dry. Just figured some XBE owner would want to know.

Ol' fart

Your lucky,

mine didn't make it three feet past the puddle....... Batterys and motor are OK.

I really liked that stock ESC too. I buried it in the back yard, late at night, alone.....

rob64n

Contributor
Ol said:
mine didn't make it three feet past the puddle....... Batterys and motor are OK. I really liked that stock ESC too. I buried it in the back yard, late at night, alone.....
lmao...................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online