• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE refit with KD mounted TP5660 1100Kv

ninjagaiden

bigfol said:
Wait until you see what happen's when to set the torque limit setting to 10/10,you'll be impressed then...... ;)
You first! I'm planning on keeping my drivetrain in one piece thanks very much:D

I also have an TP 1000kv 5Y motor which I was going to put into an e-baja 5b. I was actually thinking it might be better in the XBE and the revvier 1100kv in the Baja.

N

bigfol

ninjagaiden said:
You first! I'm planning on keeping my drivetrain in one piece thanks very much:DI also have an TP 1000kv 5Y motor which I was going to put into an e-baja 5b. I was actually thinking it might be better in the XBE and the revvier 1100kv in the Baja.

N
Hahahaha, your drive train will be fine it can take it, I running my torque setting 10/10 with 16t pinion and 46t spur, running high torque settings will really wake-up your motor. :D

ninjagaiden

What is it with me and pinions?

Took the car out for a spin this evening. Because I only have puny 30c lipos for my *s setup I turned ESC power to 75% and torque to 4.5, running 12T pinion and stock wheels.

Boy, the difference between the 40xx can and the 56xx can is like night and day. Instead of wheezing along the 56xx can pick the buggy up and give it a boot! On this v gentle setup I had Motor at 35C, ESC and lipos at 30C. Then the pinion came loose and the fun stopped! I remembered that last time I was wrenching I'd put the car away before I had got the loctite out, so I had not had a chance to loctite the set screw on the pinion. That will teach me!

But I am dead pleased with how the thing ran! When I get my 45C cells it WILL be awesome!

twissted

Banned
The Fightercat esc's deal with the anti-spark with a built in system that needs work with the battery hook up I used 8mm and used 2 set on the negitive side.

Here is a video of how it works.

[ame]

[/ame]

bigfol

BoukeG said:
Don't you need to unplug the anti-spark after connecting the mains and put load on the system?
Thats what I would be doing, unless the bloke wants to melt his 4mm connector, I see people do this often and then wonder why their connector melted.......... :confused:

I think they forget its only meant to be used as a anti-spark device only...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

twissted

Banned
I have this set up your talking about on my esc. I'm running it on 8s and stock motor at the moment. I will be running a bigger motor soon. Here is some thought on a clean and low center of gravity lay out for these big esc's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.