• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE chassis

Deluge

DUFFY said:
Center diff would be cool, it will also lead to more breakage. It's fun though. If I race I might not want it, my car makes perfect u turns now. Anyway just adding a few mm for the 2028 isn't a whole lot of trouble. I'm geared for 65 and other than a few bearings my xbe is the most reliable rc brushess rc I have ever seen. I would hope we get a chassis for the xbe with out the diff first, then the diff version later. The front chassis flex is the main reason I want the chassis and the 7075 mount. I want the simple layout as a option! I say make the simple version first and then figure the diff out.
Completely agree.

DUFFY

65mph :) yes my esc and motor are kinda hot. Run times are limited, I was thinking speed runs when I bought my set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

I got my 11 tooth piñon I gearing down before soon, im going to miss the speed. My xl2 is proving itself a beast, on the stock bec even and 6s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

Alright, we use the KISS method. I'll see if one of the other drive shafts is about right on the new length is match it for the extension length.

WAY

Question: What are you guys planning to do with body shell if the chassis is extended???

WAY

DUFFY said:
I got my 11 tooth piñon I gearing down before soon, im going to miss the speed. My xl2 is proving itself a beast, on the stock bec even and 6s.
Can someone explain to me why the BEC is required? Is it the case that the internal BEC is weak therefore not able to power the servo properly? If that is the case, aren't we better off powering the servo with a dedicated receiver battery?

XBENOOB

WAY said:
Can someone explain to me why the BEC is required? Is it the case that the internal BEC is weak therefore not able to power the servo properly? If that is the case, aren't we better off powering the servo with a dedicated receiver battery?
An external BEC is lighter than a dedicated receiver battery. It is also smaller. When you are racing, weight is a factor.

DUFFY

As far as the body shell most of us will use the grafil sc body or the redcat one. The xbe body will fit still more or less anyway.

Knuckles

Ol'fart I found the rear outer dog bone for the xbe to be about 1/2 longer than the stock center front one and a rampage mt rear center dog bone to be 2 inches longer than the stock xbe front center shaft if it helps any. Or on the other hand the MT rear shaft is a 1 1/2 shorter than the stock xbe rear shaft. If anybody is interested in shortening the xbe. Just saying.....

DUFFY

I would like the chassis to fit the high end 1/5 scale motors like the 3040lener or the bolido 1/5 motor by plettenberg. They are both like 125 mm and the 2028 is 113. So we need like 30mm more maybe a bit more , I'm guessing so all 3 would fit easy?

twissted

Banned
I would not buy one for the motor alone. I just bought a 10 horse motor for 130.00 and it fits as it is. You would need to come up with things that make more of what people are doing such as make room for bigger esc's and longer so that the hpi bodies can be used. Here is a idea that would sell the things faster than you can make them. Make a indy style suspention that is low and lite. Shorter shocks are lighter and people that normaly wouldn't look at these buggies would be on board as well. So think smarter not harder. This is a big pill to swallow! Sorry to mess with your day. let me know if you need help with more of the same! Haha.

DUFFY

A longer wheel base would allow for a bigger esc, as well using hpi bodies. The hpi bodies just are a tiny bit to long as is. With the 3 piece design he can make it longer or shorter via the tabs.

The castle motor is what most 1/5th scale cars run. It's a good motor and it has a warranty that's basically unbeatable. The motor is just the icing as the chassis flexs with 8hp. We need a chassis like the simple one for the XB, if you want f1 suspension from a after market company that's not going to happen. I heard mcd and hurrax were playing with f1 style suspension set up on a buggy though! So you might get that from them one day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts