• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE chassis

DUFFY

I would like to know if any one else wants the xbe chassis to have the motor mount holes moved back so we can run the 2028 motor. Using custom dog bones the chassis could be the same length and use a 7075rc motor mount plus a 2028. There was a extended version mentioned but if its as long as a hpi 5t its going to hurt the turn radius, as well as flip easier in turns. It would rock to use 5sc bodies though. If not its no big deal.

Knuckles

How far does it need to move back? you can use different redcat center ones so custom ones don't need to be made, maybe....

Knuckles

Hey Olfart, I know you are working on the steering setup but how much longer on the xbe chassis? Myself and others are excited for its release.

Ol' fart

I have not done anything with the XBE chassis. I know it should take a 2028 size motor and that would not be hard, It has to be maybe 1/4' longer to fit, thats not going to affect the handling. I'll move the front only so you'll need just one drive shaft changed. What else do you want to see? it could be wider for more battery's...what do you got?

jathomas3

Like Knuckles, I'd also like to see the extended chassis use a readily available longer front shaft so a custom shaft will not be needed.

DUFFY

I think the width is good as well. Adding 1/4 inch to the front fit the 2028 sounds great.

WAY

If we are going to go to all this effort, why not design something that can accomodate the centre diff of the Losi as well? This is especially important given the extra power coming from 2028. Anyway, whatever you guys decide, I am in.

WAY

Problem is, by the time we are done with this buggy with all of Ol Farts mods plus the chassis, centre diff etc, we are looking at Losi 5ive money. I can tell you how good the Losi is as I have one of those too! So maybe keep it simple?

Ol' fart

A center diff would be nice but it would involve a complete redesign of the Motor mount but, that could include a belt drive which is not a bad thing....

Does anyone have the diminsions of a losi center diff?

BoukeG

WAY said:
Problem is, by the time we are done with this buggy with all of Ol Farts mods plus the chassis, centre diff etc, we are looking at Losi 5ive money. I can tell you how good the Losi is as I have one of those too! So maybe keep it simple?
I kinda agree with that. It's almost like we're building a custom car with different parts from everywhere...

XBENOOB

Ol said:
A center diff would be nice but it would involve a complete redesign of the Motor mount but, that could include a belt drive which is not a bad thing....Does anyone have the diminsions of a losi center diff?
Does it have to be the losi center diff... Couldn't you just take a redcat diff and change the gear to a spur. That is what is on my Mad Gear Dallas edition. Just need bearing holders on both ends (or a nice enclosed motor mount would be great)...

You already make the spur gear... Just add the holes to bolt it onto a diff..

yhst-14197398381157_2224_24404617.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

Center diff would be cool, it will also lead to more breakage. It's fun though. If I race I might not want it, my car makes perfect u turns now. Anyway just adding a few mm for the 2028 isn't a whole lot of trouble. I'm geared for 65 and other than a few bearings my xbe is the most reliable rc brushess rc I have ever seen. I would hope we get a chassis for the xbe with out the diff first, then the diff version later. The front chassis flex is the main reason I want the chassis and the 7075 mount. I want the simple layout as a option! I say make the simple version first and then figure the diff out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts