• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBe brother

Rampage

killajb said:
Yes, very fast. Racing up sand dunes and rooster tail of sand kicked back while front wheels lift off the ground and tires balloon. Many vids like this are now commonplace. Care to lift the body off while the cameras are on? I think there would be twice the excitement to see what's underneath than there is watching this "sand dune" drag go on repeatedly forever.
excuse me ? many videos now like this ? do you feel jealous ? show me one video please ??

one video not belong to me .. my car ! :) , so don't act as jealous please :)

BoukeG

Nah...

Are we jealous? No, not at all...

But boy, that car moves fast!

Are we jealous? Hmmm, okay, just a bit...

But damn, it even moves fast uphill with sand paddle wheels!

Are we jealous? Yeah, I think we are...

But do you even see the front wheels get a little grip before the read wheel pull the front up!

Are we jealous? Yes... but... but...

But didn't we read on an other thread it is running on 8S, a top-secret motor, temps keep low, even in the high ambient temps, and you can keep running up and down the dune until the batteries are empty?

Are we jealous? Hell yeah! Stop it, I cannot take it anymore, this is driving us nuts!!!

He he. Well, I think it is a little over exaggerated, but to be honest, jealous is not really the correct word I think. I think curiosity is the right word.

I'm very curios on what you did with your ride to keep the temps low, not braking your driveline (because you must have massive amount of torque on that), what gearing are you running, did you get a specific motor mount or did you machined it yourself, what is your motor KV, what ESC are you using, did you change any motor timing, doesn't the sand do a lot of wear on the parts, did you apply fans?

What I am jealous of is your ambient temperatures. And the nice wide area with sand dunes! Weather is getting colder here in the Netherlands.

I don't care you're running up and down the hill doing drags. I've watched all your YouTube clips, I'm the one who's doing the thumbs up every time. Just keep them coming, but please... can you share your setup? :)

killajb

Bingo! (What's stated above).

These threads are all about sharing ideas. If anyone has good advice, they share it with others so we all have an enjoyable hobby.

No videos from me.. nor am I going to take photos of all 79 of my assorted cars from 1/24 scale to 1/5 scale to dazzle you with my investment in hobby. Why? Because it wont really helpn anyone with a XBE.

I have the stock speed control a cc1520 motor with a fan and heatsink a bec and better steering servo. That's it so far. Have shared all that stuff with everyone when I did it awhile ago.

Cheers..

Rampage

Guys am sorry my english not that good , i don't mean jealous as jealous and ask Boukeg mentioned i meant curiosity lol :)

Boukeg you sound like saying a poem to me loooooooooooooool :)

anyhow guys i don't know about KV and whats it , or how many watts etc

is there any way to know ? i tried to know through MAMBA XL ESC

seriously i couldnt read the data well its really messy .

Max 60000 RMP , watt 7000 something , t his is impossible , if watt 7000 then rpm should not go above 20000 at least this what i know

if there is any way to read and tell u plz tell me

Rampage

Boukeg i don't mind sharing my data the motor is from top secret

I have tried all ESC MGM , Toro , XL , and the big one kershaw selling it now

XL and Toro better than MGM and the big one kershaw is selling i don't see it as ESC i see it junk sorry guys

i am ready to download file of ESC is there away to put it in file and paste it here ?

am using 8 S batteries , i have tried 12S too with MGM but the car hit 16HP and i used 22 Pinion gear :p the car unstable and became wheeli at speed 125 KM and one of the tire explode , i tried to find company selling foam tires for 1/5 but couldnt find

sorry again guys i didnt mean to be rude my english is not that good .. i know few words and i write them always hahhahahhaha

Rampage

seriously i have tried many motors and among them all TSR is the best

reliable no cogging and good temp and fast , strong

killajb

I really apprecite your reply, as we are all friends here. I speak english, spanish, japanese, mandarin, russian and Brushless motors. So I understand when words are mixed up. Yes, my original reply was meant to be a bit funny. But I was asking what others wanted to know as well:

How can we all make our XBEs the fastest and most agile 1/5 cars out there, and you are at the top of that list my friend :) thanks for sharing

bigfol

Rampage if your still have a working castle creations xl2 you can check the motor kv using the features in the esc, its called "motor kv test"....... Do ou have a 7075 motor mount installed, 22t pinion sounds awesome, I'm about to step up to a 18t with 1000kv motor, XL2 ESC on 8s,looking for wheelies on demand......LOL

Kaz the Minotaur

Priviet

Spasiba

killajb said:
I really apprecite your reply, as we are all friends here. I speak english, spanish, japanese, mandarin, russian and Brushless motors. So I understand when words are mixed up. Yes, my original reply was meant to be a bit funny. But I was asking what others wanted to know as well:How can we all make our XBEs the fastest and most agile 1/5 cars out there, and you are at the top of that list my friend :) thanks for sharing

Kaz the Minotaur

killajb said:
Harasho my friend! KapushoVarish?
Sorry you lost me there. I can only say hello, good bye, thank you, and stupid. LOL.

My family and I hosted a foreign exchange student from Russia for the 11-12 school year. She is back now and going to college near us in PA.

Could you give me the Russian spellings of the above words please?

Thread starter: sorry for pooping in your thread.

killajb

I'll PM you some stuff, don't want the thread to veer off-topic.

An aside.. a friend of mine suggested I run a dual CC1717 (new ones from XO1) in my Losi 5ive-T. One can rely on a 1717 running with dual MMM's both on 6S. I'm tinkering with a mount first, as it's the most important piece here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts