• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xbe belt drive

Knuckles

In conversation with Ol'fart he mentioned about looking into a belt drive for the xbe, what do you guys think? Think it will hold up to high powered brushless systems?

bigfol

As long as the belt was tough enough it would work, they use them on some big on road bikes, can't really see why its nedded though, wouldn't be to much of a noticeable weight saving IMO. :confused:

Ol' fart

The bigger motor's can chew up the delrin/aluminum gears and getting steel gears made is too expensive. The problem I have run into with belt drive is the smallest gear with a 10mm belt is 12T Any motor with a kv over 1000 would more than likly be over geared.

Knuckles

Ol'fart the steel gears you made me seem to be holding up ok, have you had any problems with them? As for the belt drive, I am running a 48t spur 9t pinion with a 835kv motor, would a belt drive even work for me?

bigfol

Ol said:
The bigger motor's can chew up the delrin/aluminum gears and getting steel gears made is too expensive. The problem I have run into with belt drive is the smallest gear with a 10mm belt is 12T Any motor with a kv over 1000 would more than likly be over geared.
I bought a steel spur off ebay and had the centre drilled out, pretty cheap way to go,has anyone approached redcat, in reference to getting different size steel spur gears made?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts