• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xb tires

HERSHEY

I was told the stock tires on the xb suck.does anyone have any ideas on what type of tires i shud get for of road and if i decide to go onroad..or the best of both worlds...also do all hpi wheel kits fit on the xb or i need a specific one ... Thanx in advance

Nurchburgler

HERSHEY said:
I was told the stock tires on the xb suck.does anyone have any ideas on what type of tires i shud get for of road and if i decide to go onroad..or the best of both worlds...also do all hpi wheel kits fit on the xb or i need a specific one ... Thanx in advance
You will need hpi adapters

7075rc makes nice ones

I used all proline desperado fronts with hostile mini knobs on all four.

As far as for on road.,,I don't really know of a tire that goes both ways lol.

G

HERSHEY said:
It's not the tires so much, it's the foam that breaks down prematurely. Either style X-series adapters are nice. The RAMTech adapters give a little wider stance. http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html

I run Proline Bowties on my XB.

Nurchburgler

RCDAD said:
It's not the tires so much, it's the foam that breaks down prematurely. Either style X-series adapters are nice. The RAMTech adapters give a little wider stance. http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.htmlI run Proline Bowties on my XB.
Gonna get those too. Bow ties and ramtech

I will say the ramtech extenders are better for wheel changes..I don't like all the screws on the 7075rc ones..but they work great.

G

No prob.

And yes, all the hpi wheels fit plus the losi 5ive and MCD V4.

amstel78

Tires on my XB seem to be fine. Glue is holding up as well. I've noticed that the compound used is rather soft though, so running on asphalt (like I've been doing) will wear the tires down quickly. Looks like I'll have to rotate them quite often.

andyken

amstel78 said:
Tires on my XB seem to be fine. Glue is holding up as well. I've noticed that the compound used is rather soft though, so running on asphalt (like I've been doing) will wear the tires down quickly. Looks like I'll have to rotate them quite often.
Usually the foams wear out so they get really soft.

Also make sure the wheel nuts are tight, I stripped out a rim from it being loose. I even tried another nut to lock the nylocks on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts