• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB gas build

rampage idiot

Ildy666 said:
That looks sick...looks like u even polished the flywheel.
No I'm not that anal! LOL I guess when you buy one of those new OBR engines with the billet crankcases they want the flywheel to look as good.

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
Thank u sir
Very nice! Coming along well! HV batteries? or standard?

also, please answer my question on page 7. RCdad answered, didn't quite get him xD

phreerider

that is so tricked out, the shocks/springs /bead locks are sick and those big towers. super nice.

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
Very nice! Coming along well! HV batteries? or standard?also, please answer my question on page 7. RCdad answered, didn't quite get him xD
Standard 5000ma 6volt battery, not even going down that lipo road at this point, and the reason I didn't answer is RCDAD answered it correctly, I have front shocks with rear springs on the front and rear shocks with front springs on the rear!

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
Standard 5000ma 6volt battery, not even going down that lipo road at this point, and the reason I didn't answer is RCDAD answered it correctly, I have front shocks with rear springs on the front and rear shocks with front springs on the rear!
Well. TBH, I found out that there's a small headless screw on the side of the Suspension (near the diff box) which pushes onto the chassis that raises the car and lowers it down.. that's why the front of the car was sitting high -__- :mad:

(my friend told me about it I had no idea that this even existed)

The front of the car is VERY leveled now :)

also, Id advise you to get those HV servos with that HV lipo batt. you gotta have to see that speed difference. defo put it on your future upgrade list. it will cost you around 250$ (2 servos +1 batt)

if you decide to do that, let me know what HV servo you'll put :cool:

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
Don't forget you need a charger....
ah yes. they cost around 60$. cool thing is you can also use them to charge Heli/aircraft Lipo batts.. (well, any type of batt tbh) .

Overall ~310$

G

Once you go lipo you never look back. ;)

I prefer them as a receiver pack not only for the power but the don't discharge when left for a few months. I literally gas up and play even if it's been on the stand for awhile.

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
My birthday is coming up! you guys could pitch in on the servos, battery and charger! LOL
hahaha! We'll make sure that they're both HV and High Speed

with HV ultra speed servos you can reach a latency time as low as 5ms :rolleyes: (that's 10-15ms faster than most of the 1/5 servos out there) :cool:

G

They are more unstable when they get hot than other types. As long as you take a few precautions they are fine.

Don't let them get too hot. (Can happen by charging / discharging too fast.)

Don't run them down too far.

Keep the cells balanced.

Really NBD...

G

rampage idiot said:
My birthday is coming up! you guys could pitch in on the servos, battery and charger! LOL
Do they need to be in working order. :p

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
Whats all this stuff I keep hearing about how dangerous these batterys are? I have never owned an electric rc so I don't know much!
They're not dangerous at all. I have an HPI EP Ken Block and I put the batteries to its limits! (car can 62mph in 3 secs) and never had any problems running Lipo. (unless they're rusted and are from an Unreliable brand) all you have to do is charge them via a special Lipo charger which charges each cell of the Lipo battery equally.

Lipo batteries are well sealed and come in a pack of cells (2S, 3S) or even 6S (just like the 1/5 Electric Powered vehicles). Each cell doubles the amount of Voltage. so let's say 1S= 3.8V; 2S=7.6V, etc..

You cannot use the Lipo batteries that are used for receivers in 1/5 cars to power electric cars since each brand and type of Lipo battery has a different discharge power.

Most Electric 1/8 cars use the 3S for speed and 2S for drifting.

1/5 scale cars use the 2S Receiver batt on their receiver.

I suggest using the Killer RC Lipo battery and get his special charger. (can't go wrong on this) it will cost you 100 bucks. also, it spices up your electronics and delivers full Voltage. also you might use the charger to charge up any other kind of battery. (NiCd, NiMh, Lipo,etc..)

there are plenty of vids on the internet teaching you how to charge them EZY PZY

Last edited by a moderator:

rampage idiot

RCDAD said:
They are more unstable when they get hot than other types. As long as you take a few precautions they are fine. Don't let them get too hot. (Can happen by charging / discharging too fast.)

Don't run them down too far.

Keep the cells balanced.

Really NBD...
Thanks rcdad! and it would be nice if the parts were in working order.LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts