• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E motor specs

Kaz the Minotaur

Are there any more published specs on the XB-E motor? I'm guessing, based on the KV, that it is 10S capable? What is the max current?

Kaz the Minotaur

Yeah, it has been a while. I sort of got out of RC to fund some upgrades for my real truck.

You ran a 1717 in the XB-E didn't you? I think it would scoot real good on 8S.

Obeast44

Banned
Yes, Im currently running the 1717 on 6s with 10t pinion and 48t spur. Its honestly plenty fast on just 6s and temps are well within spec. Im staying with the 1717 on 6s until there is an affordable 12s capable car ESC. I have a buttload of 6s lipos and I don't really wanna buy new ones :D

Kaz the Minotaur

Is 10/48 stock gearing? Mod 1.5? What temps are you getting? Have you been able to get a speed comparison between the stock motor and the 1717?I'm sure it is a big difference since the 1717 is about 600 kv more.

Obeast44

Banned
Stock gearing is 10/41, Im using the 7075rc Motor mount that was designed to allow the use of the Leopard hobby 5692 in this car. It uses a larger spur to space the motor further away from the center drive cups. Yes there is a HUGE difference in speed and power and no I have done any speed runs with a radar to determine the exact difference.

XBENOOB

Obeast44 said:
Stock gearing is 10/41, Im using the 7075rc Motor mount that was designed to allow the use of the Leopard hobby 5692 in this car. It uses a larger spur to space the motor further away from the center drive cups. Yes there is a HUGE difference in speed and power and no I have done any speed runs with a radar to determine the exact difference.
My XB-E came with 11/41 as stock.... I run the Castle 1515 (2200kv) with 10/41 gearing and the stock esc...I melted two stock motors.... and one Tacon 1400kv motor (actually melted the solder off the wires)..... the Castle 1515 has melted one stock ESC but that was on the 11T pinion... Now with the 10T pinion on, I try to keep the finger from pulling the trigger all the way down... lolThe 1515 is way fast on 6s.... The temps are 95 to 120 on the motor... the esc gets temps about 10 to 20 degrees hotter than the motor...Of course... I have made a few mods.... :D Snapshot_20110709_4.JPG

Snapshot_20110709_4.JPG

/monthly_2011_07/Snapshot_20110709_4.JPG.e10788dae4aa03395b303d353e917808.JPG

Kaz the Minotaur

I'm sure the 1717 will be plenty on 8S! I'm sure there have been some Savages and LST2s that weigh as much as the XB-E.

Do you know what the diff ratio's are?

Mod 1.5 gears? Does the stock pinion have a 5mm bore?

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
The tires are like 6inches in diameter. The temps on the 1717 after a 10-15min run are low enough I can hold my finger on the motor for more than 5 seconds easily. I don't have a heat gun :D

Obeast44

Banned
Kaz the Minotaur said:
Will the 48T spur fit w/o mods?
With 7075RCs mount it fits, the stock mount isn't tall enough. Before the mount was released I tried some 8 and 9 tooth pinions from Kershaw designs on the 1717 with stock spur. Boy that was a mistake, one didn't last 5 minutes and I never ran the other.

John H

Obeast44 said:
The tires are like 6inches in diameter. The temps on the 1717 after a 10-15min run are low enough I can hold my finger on the motor for more than 5 seconds easily. I don't have a heat gun :D
A heat gun? Don't you think its warm enough? :D :p

lateralrectus

I'm running a Leopard 1090kv with a 12/48 gear ration in my XB-E. I am using 8S with a Castle XL ESC. The car is a rocket with this setup. Temps are with limits on the motor and ESC

Ol' fart

zoom zoom

lateralrectus said:
I'm running a Leopard 1090kv with a 12/48 gear ration in my XB-E. I am using 8S with a Castle XL ESC. The car is a rocket with this setup. Temps are with limits on the motor and ESC
Sure sounds fast. What kind of run time are you getting?

lateralrectus

About 15 minutes with two 4S 5000mah packs. I get about 25 minutes with the two 9000mah 3S packs (the latter are from maxamps)

This is only possible with your mount Doug! Great work!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts