• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E first run

Ol' fart

I know what you all want to hear... run time was 18 min. Just a break in run so I took it easy.

I did nothing to the suspension to tune it but it handles well. Easy to control in power slides and excellent braking It is very fast out of the hole. Top end is OK but I think it is undergeared. The electrical system was not hot at then end of the run, in fact it was bearly warm.

The drive train was a little noisy when I turned it by hand but it is quieter after one run. I'll add boots to all the universal's and grease them. About the only noise you hear is the tires ripping up the dirt.

I had no problems with any part of the buggy. I bashed it good a couple of times and it just bounced off and kept going.

There is enough room for two 6c battery's in the 5000ma range so run times of over a half an hour should be no problem.

It's going to start raining here tomorrow so I'm going to have to wait to shoot a video. Maybe this weekend. In the meantime I'll pull it all apart to get to know it.

I have to say I am very impressed. The design, the layout, the toughness, the speed, handling....well done Redcat.

Obeast44

Banned
WUT! 18min off the 3600mah batteries? Thats some serious runtime, even considering you were being gentle. Would you mind doing a run simulating race conditions? I need to know how much Mah/Min for sure it can pull before I decide for sure if I am gonna buy one.

Ol' fart

Obeast44 said:
WUT! 18min off the 3600mah batteries? Thats some serious runtime, even considering you were being gentle. Would you mind doing a run simulating race conditions? I need to know how much Mah/Min for sure it can pull before I decide for sure if I am gonna buy one.
No problem, I'll run it hard this weekend when I make a video.

Short course oval should work out with the gearing it has and burn up alot of Mah. Plus I'll know what gears they gave me too.

Ron E

Contributor
cool news... :D glad to hear she's a tough, fast rig. can't wait fo the video.

Ol' fart

damn

It's raining now and may rain all weekend, Video's on hold.......

Found a problem with the arm from the steering servo to steering.

Super tight ball end. Gotta be working the servo hard. Maybe the source of the "bad servo" problem. Check yours.

Also in the front dogbone the set screw that holds the drive pin is too long and it's bending against the bottem of the cup. I filed it flush, problem gone.

Ol' fart

Ol said:
No problem, I'll run it hard this weekend when I make a video.
Short course oval should work out with the gearing it has and burn up alot of Mah. Plus I'll know what gears they gave me too.
Stilllllllllll raining........another storm comming in on Monday.......

KoldFeat

Thanks for keeping us posted on your experiences Ol' Fart! So far it is sounding really promising. I really like the body design. Any body problems so far?

Ol' fart

Hard run

OK ran it flat out in a field made up of mostly big gravel and rocks....8 min run time. Motor got a little hot but the ESC and the batteries were just warm. I think under race condisions you would get a 12 min run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts