• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-e arrived today and....

Dirtconvert

If anyone is interested, thanks to all who have posted issues on these forums. I got my brand new XBE today and did what every good driver does, took it apart. My screws needed loctite and my diffs, front and rear were both about 1/8 full of "troll snot". Not nearly enough lubricant to do much of anything really. I am amazed at how well thought out the chassis design is in terms of assembly. I have not had any screw head problems, but I also am using brand new MugenProspec tools. If I find anything else "unusual" that most of you haven't found yet, I will be sure to post. Again, a big "THANK YOU" to everyone for their advice.

Dirtconvert

thanks. I have been doing Rc off and on for quite a while now. Wanted to go big and wasn't that thrilled with the Baja. Trying out the Redcat because it looks like it will take a beating.

Ol' fart

Top quality tools are a must with offshore screws, keep your allen wrenches ground down and sharp. Alot of times the problem is the tool , not the bolt.

If the edges of your wrench are rounded off you will **** up the screw head with the wrench, grind it back 'till it's fresh and sharp and you won't F up the screw. I sharp'in my allen wrench's every week.

Dirtconvert

Took it and drove the snot out of it today. Wet weather and all. I had one hard hit right in the middle of the front A-arm and other than denting the plastic, no damage. Tough as it looked on youtube. Runs great, lots of adjustments to make from the factory as far as centering the steering servo. Got my tx set up to run. Is it me or does the Hobbywing ESC have some lag? It is very slow compared to the castle set up on my slash and slow even compared to the Traxxas Velineon ESC. If that is normal latency, I wll be posting a Hobbywing ESC 150a for sale.

Obeast44

Banned
Keep in mind thats a 1/8 scale ESC on a 1/5 sized car. Besides the lag inst in the ESC, its in the motor :D

Im running the stock esc with the 1717. When the tires get tractionI can plant the wing on the ground and drag it for about 50 feet.

Dirtconvert

Follow up....have run 10 packs through the car under hard use. Guess what..nothing! This car is amazing. Redcat should make a road car this handles so well. I have only had my pinion grub screw come loose.( thats because I didn't loctite it when I disassembled my car) No damage, was sitting still when I noticed an odd sound blipping the throttle. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I will post some videos later in the week as we are going to the bike jumps on Wednesday and the Redcat is gonna FLY!!

hobbsa23

Dirtconvert said:
Follow up....have run 10 packs through the car under hard use. Guess what..nothing! This car is amazing. Redcat should make a road car this handles so well. I have only had my pinion grub screw come loose.( thats because I didn't loctite it when I disassembled my car) No damage, was sitting still when I noticed an odd sound blipping the throttle. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I will post some videos later in the week as we are going to the bike jumps on Wednesday and the Redcat is gonna FLY!!
I would definitley like to see a video of it on youtube!! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts