• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Dies

jbkel

Took my son's XB out today for the first time. It was hard to start at first but it started and ran fine for about 2 minutes and died. Got it started again and ran for a minute and died then started leaking gas from the line going into the upper part of the carb. Can't get it started now, any ideas? I am sure I left something out. I have already learned a lot from this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

rampagemt

Sounds like a tank venting issue. Have you vented your tank? If not you need to as the stock hole in the cap gets clogged really quick. There's the vent line from the grommet using the snappy grommet or you can drill a hole and put a fitting on your gas cap. Try loosening your has cap or taking it off. If it starts then you need to vent your tank. Good luck and hope you get your xb up and running

ChuenouXiao

jbkel said:
Took my son's XB out today for the first time. It was hard to start at first but it started and ran fine for about 2 minutes and died. Got it started again and ran for a minute and died then started leaking gas from the line going into the upper part of the carb. Can't get it started now, any ideas? I am sure I left something out. I have already learned a lot from this forum.Thanks in advance.

Brian
Make sure the lines are secure on the carb where it's leaking. Make sure your gas cap is vented like what the gentlemen above is saying.

G

The FG aluminum caps also fit if you don't like blue.

You can also drill a third hole in your grommet if it is still new.

Deluge

Is the primer bulb empty when it dies? If it is then it could be a vent issue. Make sure the four screws that hold the primer bulb in place are snug, as well. Your fuel lines could be crossed also. That's pretty common. The line with the filter (Pick up line) goes to the bottom fitting. The line without the filter (Return line) goes to the top fitting.

jbkel

The primer bulb did have fuel in it and I did try starting it with the gas cap off. I will tighten everything up and check the lines and go from there. Does sound like my lines may be crossed.

jbkel

I got it to start with no gas in the tank and some fuel in the bulb and it would start and quickly die as expected. Put fuel in the tank and tried to start it and nothing. I am lost, the cap in not plugged and tried with the cap on and off.

jbkel

Ok it is running again, thanks for all of your input. Now I have a problem with my XT which I will post over there, like I said thanks again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts