• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Where to get good quality fuel line for XB?

alfred e numan

You can go to a lawn mower- weed eater repair shop and buy yellow Tygon fuel line. Tygon is a spin off from the aerospace industry. so is velcro. -

Deluge

I'd get 10 feet. It's nice to have some laying around, just in case. It's only 80 cents a foot.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
I'd get 10 feet. It's nice to have some laying around, just in case. It's only 80 cents a foot.
How do you take out the line from the fuel tank? I believe the fuel line just goes through the tank right? Just pulled them right out huh?

Deluge

You can pull the return line out, but you'll need to remove the grommet in order to get the pickup line and the clunk out.

Also, when you put the new return line in, it should only go about a half inch through the grommet.

G

Be carful removing he gromet they tare easy. I always have one ready just in case.

The lines will need to be replaced again. :)

jeffp83

Deluge said:
Also, when you put the new return line in, it should only go about a half inch through the grommet.
What's the reason for this? You've got me worried now lol, I just installed those full force brass fittings on my tank and the return fitting goes all the way to the bottom of the tank.

G

The return line doesn't matter but if you add a third vent line that just needs to be in the gromet. If the vent line is in the fuel it will spew fuel every where.

Deluge

jeffp83 said:
What's the reason for this? You've got me worried now lol, I just installed those full force brass fittings on my tank and the return fitting goes all the way to the bottom of the tank.
I was just explaining that it doesn't NEED to go to the bottom. It'll work fine either way. I just don't like using more fuel line than necessary.

jeffp83

Oh ok, gotcha. Was just worried that the engine might not run properly if the line was completely submersed in the fuel.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Daves Motors has many transparent colors...go with a transparent color that matches your truck because the clear fuel lines inevitably get discolored quickly...transparent lines let you see if there is air in the lines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts