• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Where to buy new gears

JSoto777

I ran my chimera sr, and the gears melted!

Missing teeth etc.

I was wondering where to buy some high performance gears that won't wear out so quick.

Thanks

designed2survive

JSoto777 said:
I ran my chimera sr, and the gears melted!Missing teeth etc.

I was wondering where to buy some high performance gears that won't wear out so quick.

Thanks
1- I can't tell if you have plastic gears or not. If you do, then upgrade to metal gears.

2- I assume you have the plastic gear plate (the culprit). Get an aluminum one. That will save you a lot on having to replace gears over and over again.

3- rampageshop has gears.

JSoto777

The came stock with metal. I think they r brass.

I need some tougher metal

And yea I have plastic gear cover.

Getting the metal will help the gears?

designed2survive

JSoto777 said:
The came stock with metal. I think they r brass. I need some tougher metal

And yea I have plastic gear cover.

Getting the metal will help the gears?
After a kill switch I believe the aluminum gear plate is the next most important upgrade on a any car using plastic gear plate (including the MCD and such). The reason why your gears striped is due to the melting that happened on the gear plate. That melting misaligned the gears causing them to grind each other.

designed2survive

JSoto777 said:
The gear plate isn't melted tho. Jus the gears themselves. But I know eventually I'll have to change that out too.
On the gear plate look around the bearings.

Dirk Squarejaw

It doesn't take much. Just enough that the gears aren't running true and they will grind/melt. In fact, I've read where some people run the aluminum plate and MCD plastic gears to save some mass in the drivetrain. The plate isn't going to melt and the plastic gears are much lighter and will last quite awhile in conjunction with the new plate.

designed2survive

Dirk Squarejaw said:
In fact, I've read where some people run the aluminum plate and MCD plastic gears to save some mass in the drivetrain. The plate isn't going to melt and the plastic gears are much lighter and will last quite awhile in conjunction with the new plate.
That not only makes perfect sense but it's also very smart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts