• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel/tyre combo's

bigfol

Has anyone tried running thinner tyres up front and fats down the back, my mate has set his xbe up this way with baja hostiles and it seems to be better at taking corners at speed, than my set up which has fats all rounds, anyone had any experience with this set up?

G

I ran some hostile slicks that way on my XB. I didn't notice any improvement at the time, but it drove nice.

G

I do as well most of the time. I don't feel it's necessary for a wider rear with 4WD. Some Baja wheel sets came with all 4 so I end up with rears.

BertR

I am also running matching set of bow-ties and handles great in dirt but a tad loose in grass. The rears don't have as much bite on grass as the fronts do. IMO.

G

BertR said:
I am also running matching set of bow-ties and handles great in dirt but a tad loose in grass. The rears don't have as much bite on grass as the fronts do. IMO.
Unless you throw on the paddles. ;)

BertR

I looked at the paddles the other day and talked myself out of it. The sand is still damp and the last time I ran on damp sand i snapped a dogbone

bigfol

Thanks for the input guys, I run on sand, grass and a dirt track, looks like I 'll have to get a set of fronts and try them on all round, as for paddles, I don't think they made that much of a difference on the sand, bigger rooster tail out the back, but that's about all, having said that the sand where I is run is quite hard packed.....

Rampage

by the way , what does it mean :" belted tires " and which materials ? and don't you think belted tires would be more better for 1/5 scale

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz

I like fat rear's, gives more traction.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_04/image.jpg.443066003f16ea652412cc2d7d03caa9.jpg

rookie101

I also prefer the look of the wider rear tires. I actually had all fronts on the truck until I saw the picture above, and then had to order the rears.

Rookie101:

Calgary Crawlers and Crawler Teds Garage

Last edited by a moderator:

Rampage

guys will the thickness or low profile effect the power of the car ? i mean if we compare a low profile paddle tire with baja paddle tire what will happen ? please i need expertise to answer

Rampage

more over the paddle tires when you goes with higher cells it balloon so i was thinking of belted tires , but i have seen elcon model tires i don't they are belted but it wont balloon and i have notice the material is different so whats the best material to build a paddle tire with

G

What wheels are you going to run? The tires and wheels are not universal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts