• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what transmitters do you use?

mvaughn12

Mycbr6rr said:
I ran the Flysky gt3b on my last 1/5 scale ,with my new chimera I'm getting the new Flysky FS it4
How are the reviews on that transmitter? I saw a video on it and it looks Sweet!!!

Mycbr6rr

I'm not sure about the reviews on the IT4 but I used the Flysky GT3B on loved it so the IT4 should be awesome ,I just got mine hoked up last night . Nothing else even compares to it for the price

mvaughn12

Mycbr6rr said:
I'm not sure about the reviews on the IT4 but I used the Flysky GT3B on loved it so the IT4 should be awesome ,I just got mine hoked up last night . Nothing else even compares to it for the price
I just ordered mine lol wish i knew about this before christmas lol would have been nice to open it with my chimera on christmas

Kaceno

I use a Flysky gt3b with a modded firmware. also added a bearing to the Steering wheel and am using a 2s lipo battery. Its super light and has some nice extra features.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Kaceno said:
I use a Flysky gt3b with a modded firmware. also added a bearing to the Steering wheel and am using a 2c lipo battery. Its super light and has some nice extra features.
Only a 2s lipo? The gt3b runs on 12 volts.

Kaceno

yes, 2s. The radio contains a 5v linear regulator so the higher voltage you send it, the more that has to be converted to heat. With the modded firmware I have the low voltage alarm set to 7.0V which matches with the minimum voltage the regulator needs. If you replace the regulator with a switching type, the higher voltage (3s) would become advantageous.

I already had a thin 2200mah 2s lipo and I get plenty of runtime with it, so never felt the need to switch to a switching vreg and higher voltage pack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts