• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What do you use to clean your vehicles?

vpalace

Finally up and bashing and man what fun it was! Found a nice large baseball field near my place. It's setup pretty awesome. There are 2 and 3 hills that go down to the actual field, so when you're at the bottom and speed up to hit the first hill, it lands you right before the second and so forth. I hit the third hl at full throttle and did a complete backflip in the Air. Must have gotten at least 5-6ft up and landed wheels down. It was badass. Also bad a few bumps and upside down landings, but nothing that stopped or broke it.

These things really are built like tanks! My wife was amazed that it didn't breK after one of my crashes. Needless to say, it was covered in dust, dirt and a little mud. I sprayed it down with simple green and let it sit on its rear bumper to drain before I put it back in the car.

How does everyone clean their trucks and buggies when the bashing is over for the day? Will simple green help or hurt it? I also ordered some 5/8" heater hose for the stock exhaust. It really gets gross under that body.

BertR

some of the members use a mix of simple green,alcohol and WD-40 and spray it down and dry it with compressed air

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That's a great mix. I use it. I litterally soak everything and the use compressed air to remove the cleaner.

vpalace

Sold!! Can't wait to get a tune pipe though. I put a nice dent in the stock can when it got bounced around.

Stygian

Banned
Thanks that's the one I was going to go with but I rather make sure. Also I was wondering since I have the engine, carb and air filter off my MT would it hurt to hose everything else down?

rampagemt

Go ahead spray this cleaner everywhere. I try staying away from air filter and electronics and then compressed air. Use it alot, these trucks get really dirty

Stygian

Banned
Yeah, I have all the electronics air filter engine carb all removed that's why I was asking if it would hurt to hose it down with water since it's all torn apart

G

You don't want to get moisture into the engine. If you pull the electronics and the engine you can use the pressure washer. Try not to blast the bearings or you will remove the grease.

I find it best to use the cleaner and compressed air. I do it after every dirt outing. I love to play in the dirt but I can't stand to look at them if they are dusty. I'm a bit anal. LOL

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
You don't want to get moisture into the engine. If you pull the electronics and the engine you can use the pressure washer. Try not to blast the bearings or you will remove the grease. I find it best to use the cleaner and compressed air. I do it after every dirt outing. I love to play in the dirt but I can't stand to look at them if they are dusty. I'm a bit anal. LOL
That's how I am and it's pissing me off right now that they are dirty so im ordering a compressor and this cleaning mix I need my shit looking new still.

Stygian

Banned
Yeah my throttle servo went out on the MT yesterday with it WOT and it ended up burning up the clutch because it got stuck smoke everywhere and man does it still smell really bad but at the same time it's awesome haha.

vpalace

Just finished my run. Took it out to a huge field behind my sisters house, lot of tall grass though. Got to wash it down again and get some air out to get the grass out. But man it was fun!

Restomod

When you get it clean spry it with WD or Armor all BEFORE you run again, its much easier to get clean after the run. I do this and only have to hit it with the air and thats all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts