• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What Are You Guys Doing About This???

RampageHopUps

We will be going over the new shipment and the list to make sure the changes are made and we understand each one. They said they used upgraded gear material, so we think that is the new white gears. Just trying to match the list to the truck.

roccos_van

RampageHopUps said:
I'll have to look at the V3 when they come in tommorrow. The factory sent a list over the weekend of what was changed on them.
That would be great. I would love to see a complete list of the changes I really hope you are able to do this tomorrow.

PISTOL PETE

RampageHopUps said:
We will be going over the new shipment and the list to make sure the changes are made and we understand each one. They said they used upgraded gear material, so we think that is the new white gears. Just trying to match the list to the truck.
my v3 came with blacks installed and white ones in a package.

Last edited by a moderator:

PISTOL PETE

redcat says they are well aware of the problems with the new steering knuckles. and to just mail mine back. when they get the repair ones in they will send them back. so who knows maybe ill finally get to run my truck sometime this summer.jk! rob let me know on those as soon as you can bud, thanks

PISTOL PETE

V2 Aluminum Knuckles Came Today. Way More Gooder! I don't Know Why They Would Have Changed Them, These Ones Are Soooo Much Better. :D

wurthman

PISTOL PETE said:
there are two tabs on these not one like mine. see the differances?what the hell is up with that? :confused:
Hi Pete you could try the red locktite used on bolts bigger than 1/2, or better yet the green locktite. The green locktite is used when the bearing dose not seat tight. Do not use on small diameter bolts you'll never remove them.

Hope this helps

Wurthman

http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n332/wurthman/?action=view&current=pages-2.jpg

LOCTITE® 609 is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting

parts. The product cures when confined in the absence of air

between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening

and leakage from shock and vibration. Typical applications

include rotor to shafts in fractional and subfractional

horsepower motors. Locks bushings and sleeves in housings

on shafts. Augments press fits.

PISTOL PETE

wurthman said:
Hi Pete you could try the red locktite used on bolts bigger than 1/2, or better yet the green locktite. The green locktite is used when the bearing dose not seat tight. Do not use on small diameter bolts you'll never remove them.
Hope this helps

Wurthman

http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n332/wurthman/?action=view&current=pages-2.jpg

LOCTITE® 609 is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting

parts. The product cures when confined in the absence of air

between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening

and leakage from shock and vibration. Typical applications

include rotor to shafts in fractional and subfractional

horsepower motors. Locks bushings and sleeves in housings

on shafts. Augments press fits.
did you read the thread bud? its not the loctite its the knuckles.the v2s worked great. i just put the truck away without it being broken for the first time since i got it. finaly a good run

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

Pete, I ran into a similar problem with another brand of rc. you need an unthreaded portion of the bolt to pivot inside the knuckle. this unthreaded part also stops from being screwed in too far. When I change exhausts on my 5th scales, you walways end up with some long bolts, as the new headers generally use something shorter. I took the stocker exhaust bolts, and a tap and cut threads further down. then cut the bolt off to the size I needed and solved my problem.

pretty simple fix and a tap and die set at princess auto was $17

here's a couple vids to explain what I mean.

th_DSCI0003-4.jpg

th_DSCI0002-9.jpg

th_DSCI0001-9.jpg

th_DSCI0002-10.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts