• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What Are You Guys Doing About This???

PISTOL PETE

My Front Hub Bolts Keep BACKING Out. They Are Aluminum Hubs and Knuckles. The Little Sleeves/bushings Are Too Short Causing The Bolt Head To Rub On The Knuckle And Back Out. Tryed Loctite Already 3 Times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
I use blue locktite on them and havent had an issue with them backing out. When I get time I would like to add some bushings and shim. Thats where the majority of the slop in my front end is.

PISTOL PETE

obeast44 said:
i Use Blue Locktite On Them And Havent Had An Issue With Them Backing Out. When I Get Time I Would Like To Add Some Bushings And Shim. Thats Where The Majority Of The Slop In My Front End Is.
I Think Mine Are Crushed From When It Was Assembled. Any Clue Where To Buy New Sleeves?I SEE REPLACMENT STEERING BUSHINGS ON RAMPAGEHOPUPS BUT NO PICS. IS THAT THE SLEEVE?

Last edited by a moderator:

PISTOL PETE

obeast44 said:
rob At Rampagehopups.com Might Have Them. I Was Planning On Drilling Them Out A Bit And Adding A Hardened Bushings
Thats What I Was Going To Do To. But I Really don't Want To Weaken Those Hub Carriers If Possible.

PISTOL PETE

Obeast44 said:
Id be willing to bet that its part #50012 considering part #50013 is the front steering hub.
i think i have to get the 50013 the 50012s go in the steering pivots that the servos connect to

PISTOL PETE

Obeast44 said:
So to get those little bushing you gotta order then entire piece? Id mod the ones I have before I did that.
there are two tabs on these not one like mine. see the differances?what the hell is up with that? :confused:

PISTOL PETE

OICU812 said:
I think the others are the upgraded ones
even the plastic ones have two tabs. i have looked at every web site i can find and they all have two. even the redcat site. all have two. what do yours look like?

PISTOL PETE

Obeast44 said:
Oh snap, I hadnt noticed that difference. My V2 has the two tabs, I think you just stumbled upon some of the changes to the v3.
me either, thats kinda crappy. i have to order the 2 tab ones. i sent a pm to rob. hopefuly he has some.

Ron E

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
I'll have to look at the V3 when they come in tommorrow. The factory sent a list over the weekend of what was changed on them.
lets see the list, may pursuade some of us to upgrade or buy new... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts