• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Waiting for a Turnigy 5692 100kv Pro? Read This ...

ninjagaiden

Guys,

If you are waiting on a Turnigy Pro 5692 1000kv Black Can motor for your XBE, have a look at this from FighterCat

Met with TP Power in Germany this weekend and got the permission to share what happened that the 56 series motors ended up at HK. This info is directly from them, but please take it at face value.

TP uses an electronics manufacturing company to make the parts for the motors, castings and coil assemblies to their specifications.

Hobby King went directly to that manufacturer and stocked up on the 56 series motors. Basically putting TP in a bad position, as TP's cost for smaller batches is more than HK was selling them for retail.

Note - HK did negotiate a lower manufacturing cost by reducing the cost of the individual components. One of the ways they achieved this was by using a shorter magnet & coil length. Essentially putting less material into the same size case. Using more common bearings as well.

I don't have an HK motor here for comparison, but did see one in Germany to compare, there was about 3/4" of empty case inside of the HK version. The comparison of the HK 5692 to a Leopard 5692 was a close one (tested by a German RC company) only about 10% difference.

If they got a job lot this would certainly explain why there is no more stock at the moment and people would be waiting for ages (currently 8 people awaiting stock, god knows how many on email alerts). The shorter mag & coil might also explain why it is running cooler than a regular 5692 as it would spin up and down more quickly to high RPMs.

Maybe a better option to go for the original TP 5660 5Y motor instead, if you don't have do upgrade bearings, and you get the extra security of the 4mm mounting holes. Shipping to UK by Hobbyking always seems expensive too. You guys in the US can get a TP5692 for 150 bucks from KD. I've asked Dan at KD to confirm that the TP5692 will fit the motor mount I ordered. If it does I think I'm going to order one...

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'm one of those -8. I might just have to go a different route.

desismileys_4529.gif

bigfol

I have to agree there is a bit of space inside the can, but no complaints here if having the shorter rotor etc is why it runs so cool and at higher rpm's, then bring it on, the bearings in mine are holding up fine, I did buy some better one's some time ago , but have not needed to change them yet, I would be interested to see how the original TP 56 series holds up. Bummer you missed out RC DAD.

I don't have an HK motor here for comparison, but did see one in Germany to compare, there was about 3/4" of empty case inside of the HK version. The comparison of the HK 5692 to a Leopard 5692 was a close one (tested by a German RC company) only about 10% difference.

I think using this statement "3/4 of empty space" is using a lot of poetic licence......try a 1/4.....

ninjagaiden

I think he meant three quarters of an inch, not three quarters empty!

Glad to hear yours is running well.

One day someone with lots of cash might do a motor teardown and compare them all...

bigfol

I wonder if they have stopped selling to HK or they will come back into stock......Interesting comments about compairing it to the leopard, I didn't have a good expierence with my leopard, pulled heaps of amps and ran hot, could just have been a friday afternoon produced motor I guess, my mates 5692 leopard 8mm shaft is still holding up well......

DUFFY

My leopard is fine still, but it's a low end company that makes decent but not the best. My other xbe needs a motor so I'm thinking a tp or 2028. The 5850 tp motor makes 16 HP! I would love a HK to try too. Looks like that's not gona happen :(

krashkrieg

Contributor
DUFFY said:
My leopard is fine still, but it's a low end company that makes decent but not the best. My other xbe needs a motor so I'm thinking a tp or 2028. The 5850 tp motor makes 16 HP! I would love a HK to try too. Looks like that's not gona happen :(
Just curious how Leopard is a low end company? RU comparing to HobbyKing / Castle? Or comparing to Lehner / Neu?

G

I ordered the leopard 5692 since the turnigy might be gone for ever. I'm tired of looking at my 7075RC motor mount just sitting there. If the turnigy ever is available I'll stuff it in something else. With the Rally almost done I needed a motor!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts