• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Very bad noise when trying to start

JSoto777

Yes. Maybe that was it. I'll let it air out and try n start it. If it starts and makes that noise what else could be it?

jonathan13

I would start by checking for debris. As I learned last night, it can sound god awful and just be something simple like debris. If it seems clear of any debris, I would start checking bearings. Start with the easiest ones to get to and work your way towards ones harder to get to as you tear it down. Hopefully you will find the culprit before you have the whole thing torn apart.

JSoto777

Ok, I'm trying to pull the pull start but it's just way to hard. It was never this hard to pull. I took the exaust off and it's good.

JSoto777

Ok I can get it started easy now by loosining the plug a bit. But it sounds like a loud wine noise. Could it be the fly wheel rubing on the coil?

G

It could be. You could also have a piece of debris under or behind the flywheel. Also could be in or around the clutch bell.

JSoto777

i took her all apart and out her back together. Will try starting it Tomorro and see what she does. There were tiny pieces of debri. Like medal shavings that were in there hopefully there's won't be no ore boise

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts