• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tow Leash

Chief409

Running the Dune Runner I ran out of gas wayyy out in the boonies, and carried the 30# beast back. THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!

Here is what I came up with. A retractable dog leash for 30+ pound dogs.

2012-10-24164040.jpg

2012-10-24163904.jpg

GOOD DOGGIE!

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
Unless your drive train goes...

Ildy666 uses (and got me to make up) an old strap from a computer bag or something similar and hook onto front and back shock tower and just throws it over his shoulder

Chief409

BertR said:
Chief. I see some new still on those trenchers. Gas up and take that 30 lb pooch for another run lol.
LOT'S of new! If that 4 letter word (work) wasn't in the way, I'd been out, either at the track with the SCT, or terrorising the desert critters out back today! But after a couple of very long days and nights...

Yawn! I'm off duty tonight, I was falling asleep at the wheel to and from a work site today.

alfred e numan

sayy- thats an excellent idea! Never did find one strong enough for Spank-darned hybred anyways- he is out in the yard eating elk legs at the moment- fellow down the street shot one yesterday-crushes the bones to get to the marrow-- yea, there is one of those in the shed-- somewhere?

Chief409

I think a 30 pound plus leash should be strong enough to hold the front (or rear) off the ground if you need to. This one was strong enough to keep my Terrier mix under control. Miss that mutt. Old age.

travmess

Fasteddy makes a strap similar to the one mentioned by krash but its a bit shorter and has carabiner clips.on each end to hook to the a-arms of a baja

travmess

My brother is thinking about making straps for his baja so he can pack it around like a backpack.

travmess

I might go get a cheap backpack and see wat i can do with it. If all else fails i can always go to my sewing wiz of a gma.. shes got more in her sewing machine than some have in all there largescale gear

G

I don't carry them if I can avoid it. I would rather drag it.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
I don't carry them if I can avoid it. I would rather drag it.
Yeah, let the wheels do the work!

The leash is convenient, shove it in a pocket, it's there if you need it. No mess, no tangles, no fuss.

travmess

To each their own i gues. Im sure there would be some interest in it. I hate carrying mine back to the van after bashing or breaking. But for me with some of the places i go to bash a leash wouldnt be practical. Too many tal weeds and very tall grass

ChuenouXiao

Chief409 said:
Running the Dune Runner I ran out of gas wayyy out in the boonies, and carried the 30# beast back. THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!Here is what I came up with. A retractable dog leash for 30+ pound dogs.

GOOD DOGGIE!
OMG where can I get those tires?

Chief409

Proline Trenchers on Split Six rims for the 5T. A-Main had them on sale for around $70 a set, so I couldn't resist. Haven't checked to see if the sale is still on. RC Pitstop has the HPI adapters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts