• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires

andyken

My XB needs new tires, the sidewall is getting worn...still has tread.

Do I replace stock...or do something diff?

I like the low profile stock tire, but would like bigger/more ground clearance .

XC/XT tires or baja adapters and tires/wheels?

The hpi route is more $$$..? + adapters etc

Do the xc xt balloon or have more sidewall [easy to roll over???

andyken

A little pricey...but may get those.

Thought I seen some for like $40, but was not sure if they fit.

For like $120 I could replace all four stock wheels.

The HPI is $70 for adapters and like $200 for wheels + rims.

Then do I go for front or rear tires...?

I would like bigger wheels for better ground clearence , less side wall [firm] with a bite.

I forget what my friend runs on his tricked out baja, tera something?

But he also has Hostile tires which are nasty.

Deluge

If you want a narrow side wall and plenty of bite, 5B rears at all four corners would be your best option. You need to match the tire to the surface, though. As far as I know, there aren't any wheels that are taller than the ones made for the Baja. If you want to increase ground clearance, try adjusting the pre-load on the shocks.

G

Your side walls look worn because there is no foam left in the tires. If your not ready to convert to the Baja set up, you can boil off the tires and make your self a set of foams. It's a lot of work. Personally, if you can make it happen, get the adapters and run Baja wheels. The adapters deluge posted and the versions 7075 RC manufactures are currently the only ones that will fit.

andyken

Anybody run the king motor tires? the tl1000-2000 sc truck tires?

How do they hold up?

Thought I saw someone running front & rear tires from a baja...long as they are the same diameter?

thought it may mess with the 4wd?

andyken

Argh...should have known better, but I did just order the t1000 knobby tires .

They are what look to be Hostile...there is a H in the tread...

G

They will still be a huge improvement over stock. They will not last as long as the Hostiles, but will work. The Hostile foams are also top notch. I find them to be better than the Prolines.

ChuenouXiao

Get king motor if your car is not that fast :D Cause my king motor all terrain tire stretch during high speed run and with time, the foam will be destroy inside the tire. Like what they say, try to stick with quality tires. Its worth it.... or at-least find good tires where your foam and tire meets your running condition.

rchobby89

I just bought hpi baja 5b fronts and rears there the same hight but thefronts are skinny but I only payed 45 shipped do you think those will be all right till I can get more rears or fronts

G

You can run the different sizes. It is just a matter of preference. What are you mounting them to?

G

The 5b rears are wide. You may have to trim the wheel wells some. Fronts will tuck fine in the fenders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.