• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Wait is over XSC is here.

TheKaiman

Had the XSC out today. It was fun while it lasted. I got to run one tank and my Hitec HS-5765 goes up in smoke. I have never had that happen before. Called Hitec and It's on it's way back for service or replacement. I can't wait for the servo to return so I ordered a Savox 0235 and It's should be here Thursday. I have been using Savox servos in my 1/10 and 1/8 vehicles since they came out and they are great. I guess I should have went that route from the start. Anyhow when the Hitec 5765 get's back I'll have it for sale.

G

That sucks! I haven't had one go bad yet. Nock on wood......

What voltage were you running?

TheKaiman

RCDAD said:
That sucks! I haven't had one go bad yet. Nock on wood......What voltage were you running?
7.4v. They're supposed to handle it. First Hitec I've ever had burn up on me.

G

I run 7.4 in mine too. So far so good. :)

Ive always ran Hitecs, but I will try a Savox next just because I have not ran one.

TheKaiman

Like I said never had a problem before with Hitec. The 5765 is a HV servo. I have never had a problem with the Savox yet. I have had a bunch of XP servos take a dump. I'm going to keep the Hitec when it gets back for a back up. I'm going to get a dune runner in the spring time I could also use it for that as well.

TheKaiman

On my run today was the first outing with the Nutech big bores. I'm running Losi gold springs with 35wt oil. The shocks work great but they were too soft for me. should I go with heavier oil or stiffer springs? Springs would be quicker I think, plus you have to take out a loan for oil to fill these bad boys up.lol

tsudo5th

TheKaiman said:
On my run today was the first outing with the Nutech big bores. I'm running Losi gold springs with 35wt oil. The shocks work great but they were too soft for me. should I go with heavier oil or stiffer springs? Springs would be quicker I think, plus you have to take out a loan for oil to fill these bad boys up.lol
TheKaiman said:
Thanks guys. Just added some ridiculous NuTech big bores today.
Do you have the old shocks to put up next to the nutechs to see size difference? I need some just more money that I don't have around yet.

TheKaiman

Stumpdiggitty

BertR

hahaha it's been years since I have heard the term Fluffer lol. I knew a fluffer AWSOME :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts