• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The new Redcat 1/5th Scale Sand Rail

j_cifelli

Stick with the mt I own both mt and 2 x series I had to spend twice as much on upgrades to get my x series as reliable as my mt.... those tires will fall right apart they are the same ones from the xsc the bearings blow up all the time it got so bad I had to put a mt gear plate on my x series because when the bearings go they usually crack the flimsy plastic stock plate. Always was blowing bearing left in right and they are everywhere on those trucks. In the differential box I have blown bearings which lead to cracked differential boxes and ruining the internals of the differential those bearings are even what hold your cvds in place... I love the x series but they are so costly when it comes to working out all the weak spots... there are way to many issues that require adressing. Cool looking vehicle though

G

It's not always about what's most cost effective. ;)

I'm glad it's based off of the x-series and not a new platform. It takes time before aftermarket upgrades become available.

Stygian

Banned
I wish it was based off the mt/TT but that's me the x series are cheaper but they seem to he made cheaper and shittier

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

j_cifelli

Thats what I was trying to get at everything about them is cheaper... the plastic is flimsy the bearings suck etc... I would brake arms doing small jumps and small roll overs...I had to get aluminum arms and upper front and rear links to make the truck be able to withstand a rollover. Mt and tt are the way to go. Also I understand its good its based from x series because hop ups will be available but... should have used the mt or tt chassis with those thicker arms and better bearings. All around better design. I wish they still sold tts I want one lol. Bottom line through is you get what you pay for.

Stygian

Banned
I'm building a TT since they don't make them they are almost the exact same as the MT so the parts are easy to find

G

The X-series is affordable to the masses. The MT is awesome and many people still choose the XT. I'm guessing the X-series is Redcats best selling 5th scale platform.

j_cifelli

Yea I agree I sell 1 mt to every 5 x series that I sell but the customers are often upset after the tires failing after 1 to two tanks of fuel. Then the bearings start going etc the few who buy mts from me don't come back no where near as much because of issues.

BertR

WOW! My x-series has been more reliable than any other RC I have owned and No I don't have a MT either. My X has hit concrete walls, buildings, launched off sand berms and flipped ass over tea kettle hundreds of times in the last year and few months of owning it. If you take the difference in cash that you would spend on a MT vs x-series and put it to gear plate, bearings and servo's you would be in good shape. Just my 2 cents

G

Honestly I have not had any issues with mine either. I upgraded the bearing carriers and bearings, add adapters with wheels and tires, and throw on a belt drive before I ever run them. However, I do this to all my cats.

G

kingpin said:
any word on price and when it will be available?
It will most likely be priced similar to the other X-series vehicles. It should be released late summer or fall.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
Honestly I have not had any issues with mine either. I upgraded the bearing carriers and bearings, add adapters with wheels and tires, and throw on a belt drive before I ever run them. However, I do this to all my cats.
I have not had any issues with my X series either yes you do the upgrades of bearing plate and c hubs before I run them. Out of the box they are a faster and more nimbel RC then the MT or TT. The X series is way more popular selling then the MT I sell then about 8 X series to 1 MT. The more they stick with 1 platform the more an aftermarket will be able to make updates for.

Stygian

Banned
The sell more because they are cheaper not because they are better to me the x series are more compact

G

Stygian said:
The sell more because they are cheaper not because they are better
Correct. They are still a great deal for the price!

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Correct. They are still a great deal for the price!
Absolutely only thing that has gone wrong with my xb is the carb which isn't the x series issue and top front suspension arm broke due to hitting a brick wall at top speed lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts