• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

switch my xt to a xb

d.rosenhoover

Ok I got a real tempting situation I came up with some money to upgrade my Xb and I was just told about a guy who has a hpi 5b for 350 he said all is wrong is the chassis is bent should I buy it and have 2 1/5 scale buggies or just dump the money in the xb

Guantanamo Joe

I guess it would come down to giving the 5b a once over and pricing a new chasis... something that hit hard enough to bend that chasis might have done more damage... just my thoughts

G

Front wheel bearings are 10x19x5. The only change ever made to the XB are the thread size of the wheel axles. Last year a change was made increasing the thread size from 6mm to 10mm. This change did not effect the bearing size.

G

I don't think I would buy a $350 Baja. It's a $1000 platform so I would guess for $350 it is beat to hell.

G

d.rosenhoover said:
Yeah I'm not I just ran my Xb into a steel pipe. It broke a lot. So I'm gonna fix it and buy a jetpro with the money
That does suck :(

The last thing I would want is 2 busted cars. You gotta have at least one that drives while you work on the other.

Deluge

d.rosenhoover said:
Ok I got a real tempting situation I came up with some money to upgrade my Xb and I was just told about a guy who has a hpi 5b for 350 he said all is wrong is the chassis is bent should I buy it and have 2 1/5 scale buggies or just dump the money in the xb
Get the 5B and put the plastic chassis on it. Tough as hell.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.9186/.f

Deluge

d.rosenhoover said:
Yeah I'm not I just ran my Xb into a steel pipe. It broke a lot. So I'm gonna fix it and buy a jetpro with the money
The steel pipes always win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts