• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Super Storm is coming....

bigfol

So any of you guys from New York? News reports over here are saying you guys are in for one hell of a storm, they are saying 50milion people up and down the sea board could be without power for 7- 10 days....... :( Wave heights off NJ are meant to be up to 60ft high, I sail large yatchs in ocean races in Australia and I have been in a cyclone with waves that high,man if they hit the shore line better find yourself a boat........Good luck and stay safe.

Chief409

All our kids, grand kids and great grand kid are in Maine. So, the wife and I are watching this closely. This storm is HUGE, forecasts call for 60+ mph gusts in Chicago!

G

Stay safe guys!

Ildy666

Waiting it out now.got all the yard stuff buckled down.cleaned gutters.kids and wife are off of school.so I'm the only jackass working.lets see what happens.last year on Halloween we got a foot of snow...thanx for the well wishes...

andyken

Just waiting it out up here in NH. So far just some wind gusts and rain...and it's not that close yet.

Cleaned up the yard and got the generator ready [ had water in the gas...argh! changed gas seems ok now]

Sergio

I'm in Rhode Island everybody is waiting for the worst must of the places were out of drinking water I hope it doesn't get ugly.

oskygt

Take care guys, and god speed. I'm a native New Yorker also,living in Puerto Rico, we're getting lots of rain. :(

G

I've had CNN on all morning. All I can say is OMG! I know this is just the beginning.

R_A_Machine

Well I live in southern Maine and we just lost my wife's mom last night to cancer so the storm is just fuel for the fire for us

rampage idiot

well I guess there will be no rcing for a few days they closed everything around here for a few days man this weather sucks, If I had a rc boat I could have fun if it didnt blow away, even here in Pa. they are saying 55mph wind and at least 5 inches of rain and right now it is only 40 degrees!

G

rampage idiot said:
well I guess there will be no rcing for a few days they closed everything around here for a few days man this weather sucks, If I had a rc boat I could have fun if it didnt blow away, even here in Pa. they are saying 55mph wind and at least 5 inches of rain and right now it is only 40 degrees!
If it gets much cooler that 5" of rain could be 5 feet of snow. :eek:

G

R_A_Machine said:
Well I live in southern Maine and we just lost my wife's mom last night to cancer so the storm is just fuel for the fire for us
Sorry for your loss. I wish your family the best.

REVOlutionary Rampage

So far so good here, Just waiting it out like everybody else.

My house is groaning & moaning but not "This wall is coming off the foundation" bad.

My brother is in Southern Maine and just like RA Machine was saying they got hammered. The schools have been getting let out early or canceling some have cancelled activities and school tomorrow as well.

But... I did get some Kiwi Camp Dry (insert evil laugh here) this week might be a good time to try it :D

and BTW I'm sorry for your loss R_A_.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

R_A_Machine said:
My mom died from stomach cancer three years ago. Basically starve to death. The hardest thing is not being able to do anything about it. You just sit and watch her die. She can't swallow anything... not even water. One sip and all her stomach acid comes out from her mouth. Life is hard and dark during her struggle. My mom doesn't deserve that, no one does but I feel your pain. Just remember you are not alone.

R_A_Machine

ChuenouXiao said:
My mom died from stomach cancer three years ago. Basically starve to death. The hardest thing is not being able to do anything about it. You just sit and watch her die. She can't swallow anything... not even water. One sip and all her stomach acid comes out from her mouth. Life is hard and dark during her struggle. My mom doesn't deserve that, no one does but I feel your pain. Just remember you are not alone.
That's almost the same way my wife's dad died by starvation from cancer as well, 3 years ago as well. Man it can be a cruel world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts