• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stone deflector

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
One of the guy`s at our track came up with this idea,so I thought I would share with you.Thi is a very inexpensive belt drive stone deflector alturnative.This is my first feeble attempt. I used a plastic gallon milk container cuz its light,however I think a plastic laundry container would be better cuz it`s a little more sturdy.This is only food for thought,if you must have a cover for your belt. I had to use spacers to pull it away from the pulleys. I used nylon bolts ,nuts,and washers to keep the weight down.Remember this is my feeble prototype. 100_0693.jpg 100_0695.jpg 100_0696.jpg
That gear plate from Olfarte.... do you like it? The difference between that one and the MT blue plate is that the 7075 has a bearing on the inner side holding the pinion gear right?

ChuenouXiao

Guantanamo Joe said:
Honestly, I got a rock or 2 in mine running over quarter size gravel, and it just flings them back out... as far as I know, out of the hundreds of people running them, nobody has broken a belt yet.I considered getting some kydex sheeting and trying some fun things for my 5th scale... just havent done it yet. I want to make a body for my dunerunner with it- but have no experience and am just not ready for that kind of project :D
So true... my belt is still going strong! :D

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
That gear plate from Olfarte.... do you like it? The difference between that one and the MT blue plate is that the 7075 has a bearing on the inner side holding the pinion gear right?
Yep. The MT plate has a single bearing on the layshaft. The 7075RC plate has two bearings. Helps keep that wobble in check.

The lightened gear plate looks awesome, though!

G

Deluge said:
Yep. The MT plate has a single bearing on the layshaft. The 7075RC plate has two bearings. Helps keep that wobble in check.The lightened gear plate looks awesome, though!
Yes, nice part!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts