• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stiffening my rear shocks

G

Look in my pic posted earlier I have the chrome ones. Spring diameter is the same. They will fit. They are longer and stiffer. Lol I just realized how bad I sound. Lol

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Look in my pic posted earlier I have the chrome ones. Spring diameter is the same. They will fit. They are longer and stiffer. Lol I just realized how bad I sound. Lol
Very nice.... will buy one :D DAM!!! With this forum I can do anything to my XB :D Amazing forum and amazing people!!!!!

ChuenouXiao

RC dad is temporary away so he couldn't answer my question so in the mean time can you guys help me? Above he recommend me buying this...

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.4534/.f

I notice it says front set.... I was thinking I should buy this set even though it is consider front. My goal is to use it for my rear shock.... please read the thread if you have any question. Do you think the specific shock recommended here will work with my rear shock with no problem? I wish RCdad was here to respond.

Deluge

Yes. You can use the Baja front springs on your rear shocks. They're pretty much a direct fit.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yes. You can use the Baja front springs on your rear shocks. They're pretty much a direct fit.
I wonder if there is a size difference..... cause I notice on DDM there was a set for the rear too for the baja. Don't know why RCdad didn't mention the rear ones too from DDM? Is there any difference from the rear and the front from DDM?

Deluge

The Baja rear springs are longer than the front springs and they give you two springs per shock. He didn't mention the rear springs because you don't need them. Get the front springs. They'll fit without any hassle.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
The Baja rear springs are longer than the front springs and they give you two springs per shock. He didn't mention the rear springs because you don't need them. Get the front springs. They'll fit without any hassle.
Thanks Deluge! As always... you are the best!

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
I'm debating about using my three pound wing and stiffing my rear springs. Its simply too heavy. Its all about speed and control.... maybe I can figure out an alternative to custom make a bigger wing with plastic?

Deluge

It's possible. Try researching some plastics. I've seen a few online stores that carry sheets of plastic. Maybe even make one out of Lexan. Something like a B4 wing would look pretty cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts