• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stiffening my rear shocks

ChuenouXiao

Hello Racers!

I've added a lot of weight into my XB toward the rear. The weight of my rear Jetpro and my 3LB sheet metal wing. Is there anyway I can stiffen my rear shock so that my rear doesn't sag a little. Its not too bad but I just thought I should ask. Thanks!!!

Ruffy

I would look at getting stiffer springs. A local hardware store should have springs.

G

Get the rear shocks for the MT. They are larger and will help carry the weight. I just installed them on my XB-E
+1

That's what I did. I used the resis cause I wanted them the aluminum color. The standard mt will work the same.

05b404b9.jpg

ChuenouXiao

XBENOOB said:
Get the rear shocks for the MT. They are larger and will help carry the weight. I just installed them on my XB-E
GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!! Are they the same length but just that the MT spring are stiffer? Will they fit into a XB?

ChuenouXiao

chuefengxiong said:
Resis? You mean you use the MT shock? How do they fit into a XB?
Is there a difference between the hop up category of the MT Resis comparing to the stock shock for the MT? I assume the Resis is better and stiffer?

ChuenouXiao

XBENOOB said:
No... They are longer, and RCDAD installed them onto his XB...
So the MT resis shock are longer then the stock mt shock? Meaning in my case I have to get both front and rear if I want to strengthening my shocks right?

XBENOOB

chuefengxiong said:
So the MT resis shock are longer then the stock mt shock? Meaning in my case I have to get both front and rear if I want to strengthening my shocks right?
You could if you want to keep them matching...

but you said you needed to stiffen up the rear..

so if you only want to stiffen up the rear, then just buy the rears...

then you could take your existing rears and put them on the front...

G

The piggy back style hop up mt shocks are not stiffer than the standard mt shocks. They just hold more fluid. The theory is more fluid less heat build up. Most people including myself would never notice a difference in performance. I bought mine for the cool factor. :)

They are stiffer than the x-series shocks.

If you use the piggyback shocks you will have to drill larger holes in the shock tower they use larger bolts.

If you use the standard MT shocks you can swap the tops and bottoms with your x-series shocks and use your x- series bolts to mount them. Alot easier.

Last edited:

ChuenouXiao

XBENOOB said:
You could if you want to keep them matching... but you said you needed to stiffen up the rear..

so if you only want to stiffen up the rear, then just buy the rears...

then you could take your existing rears and put them on the front...
I'm thinking about buying stock MT rear shocks and mounting them onto my rear XB. What is the color difference? Is it a direct bolt install with no mod? What if I want to by the Resi version? Is it also a direct bolt install? Oh... and you were saying something about moving the stock rear shocks of my XB to the front? Why? Is the stock rear XB shock stiffer then the stock front XB shocks?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The piggy back style hop up mt shocks are not stiffer than the standard mt shocks. They just hold more fluid. The theory is more fluid less heat build up. Most people including myself would never notice a difference in performance. I bought mine for the cool factor. :) They are stiffer than the x-series shocks.

If you use the piggyback shocks you will have to drill larger holes in the shock tower they use larger bolts.

If you use the standard MT shocks you can swap the tops and bottoms with your x-series shocks and use your x- series bolts to mount them. Alot easier.
Sorry RCDAD, I'm noob... piggy back shocks? And if I decide to by the stock MT rear shock just to help hold my weight in the rear, is it a direct install with no mod? Is the color different from my front stock XB shock? Dam... by the time I'm done customizing my XB, my XB will be all kinds of color lol :( but will fix that later :D

G

The piggybacks are the resis. They are not a direct bolt on.

The standard mt shocks have blue aluminum.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The piggybacks are the resis. They are not a direct bolt on.The standard mt shocks have blue aluminum.
So you were saying the stock blue aluminum MT rear shock should be easier to install with very little mod? What do I need to do to have it install? Base on my understanding, I can swap the both ends of the stock blue aluminum MT shock with my X series stock XB ends.... to mount with no drilling?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Just swap the top and bottom with your shocks and they become a direct bolt on.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Just swap the top and bottom with your shocks and they become a direct bolt on.
Just preparing my mind ahead.... how do you take those ends off? Unscrew it huh? When done unscrewing... will the fluid leak? Sorry... I've never done it before :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts