• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stiff gears?

C-Mac

Hello all,

I recently changed my remaining plastic gears to steel but when I turn the gears it seems like they are stiff and do not turn as smooth as the plastic ones. I have taken everything apart and put it back together after cleaning/greasing but I am not sure what the problem may be if it is a problem at all. Now I haven't placed the motor back in and did notice that when I moved the gear plate it seems to be a little more free in the gears, is this just becuase my motor isn't in yet?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

C-Mac

forist

Contributor
They will free up after a tank to two don't worry. Keep an eye on them tho incace some of them are not harded right. U will know what I am talking about if they are not.

C-Mac

Thanks Forist. I'll get it all back together and running this weekend and see how it goes. I hope they were hardend correctly but we'll soon find out

forist

Contributor
One more thing......Check and make sure u have a good amount of lock tight on the grub screws that go into the aluminum block right by the brake pads. Mine keeps coming loose even tho i have lots of lock tight on it. Check it after every 1/2 tank or so.

hamster huey

Also check to see if you set screws in your D shaft have come loose. A loose wobbly D shaft can cause a lot of mesh issues.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
Also check to see if you set screws in your D shaft have come loose. A loose wobbly D shaft can cause a lot of mesh issues.
my D-shaft is bent(wobles) on my TT. if i tighten it too much it will bind the center gears and "lock up". i have to back it out a hair and loc-tite it. it never comes off and has been like that for ages. but your was a diffrent story. i remember that thread..lol..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts