• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Some XT Updates Posted by Redcat

DemonRC

Rob gets all the good stuff HAHA. Speaking of that I still need to get your package together. Just waiting on 1 part bud.

Obeast44

Banned
These aren't the official specs but this is all I have been able to find:

Length: 760mm

Width: 460mm

Height: 280mm

Weight: 9KG

Wheelbase: 500mm

I am sure Rob or Darin will correct me if these are wrong. :)

BTXpress

Contributor
Good, that will give people a few months of bashing/racing and reviews before I make a decision on the next 1/5 scale!

Still highly anticipating the arrival my first for now!

BT

Montgomery, AL

DemonRC

BTXpress said:
Good, that will give people a few months of bashing/racing and reviews before I make a decision on the next 1/5 scale!
Still highly anticipating the arrival my first for now!

BT

Montgomery, AL
Well I can say that I have a very very early HSP version that doesn't have a single one of the Redcat upgrades on it and I'm still going strong. There are only three things I had to fix on it so far and two of those were not the car's fault. I ran into a guy on the track at fullspeed and ended up bustin a CVD pin which was simple. The other time I didn't tighten a wheelnut and stripped the square on the wheel hub. JB Weld and some pre run checking fixed that.

I don't run the stock transmission though so I eliminated alot of the gear/layshaft headache. The only problem I'm having now is dumb things like setscrews loosening which is my own fault. I've been taken the car apart at least a dozen times a week a few times I've pulled apart the center tranny a half dozen times in a day from testing. You can imagine what my locktite usage is.

In all honesty it's one of the best handling 1/5 scale out there. The MCD corners better once you get the limited slip diff upgrade (costs a left nut to get) but look at it's cost and it is much slower in the straights. I think I can out corner my MCD with the LSD once I tweak the suspension which I have not touched yet. A good steering servo would also help alot. With all the Redcat upgrades, I've heard through the grapevine, I have no doubt this car will be a beast on the track.

That's my 2 cents on the XT.

jackson

lighter faster!

i got my cat few months ago and a new one coming out

dammmm

am broke got sell the mother in law

do a few found raisers and than get my XT

when it comes out!

couse am not selling my old cat to get a new one got keep'm going!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts