• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Some XT Updates Posted by Redcat

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Hey all.

We have some approximate dates on the new 1/5 Scale Vehicles.

All 3 of them which will include XT Truck & Buggy along with Electric Buggy will be available around mid to late January.

We are not set on the XT name yet, so that might change.

Pricing will come later but like all of our vehicles, they will be affordable and should upset the competition.

Darin

rob64n

Contributor
i think that should be Redcat's new slogan.

REDCAT RACING

Affordable and upsetting the competition, and here to stay.

DemonRC

krashkrieg said:
I'm with you Ron...I want the Power of Electric in a 1/5 scale.... :D :D:D
You might want to see what a modded 26 will do in it before going electric. The car is so light that I can honetly say that I'm thinking about putting in a heavily modded 23cc into mine so I can rev it to the moon. This car doesn't need torque of a 30.5 or a brushless to get insane acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
DemonRC said:
You might want to see what a modded 26 will do in it before going electric. The car is so light that I can honetly say that I'm thinking about putting in a heavily modded 23cc into mine so I can rev it to the moon. This car doesn't need torque of a 30.5 or a brushless to get insane acceleration.
I know, I'd really like both...I'm an Electric fan from Savage Flux and Losi 8Te :cool: and already own a Hyperion DuoV3 Charger.... But I bet a race 27.2 would be just as ridiculous... :D

hamster huey

krashkrieg said:
I know, I'd really like both...I'm an Electric fan from Savage Flux and Losi 8Te :cool: and already own a Hyperion DuoV3 Charger.... But I bet a race 27.2 would be just as ridiculous... :D
You are correct. My 25lb rampage (race ported ONB 27.2, lightened piston, 813, shreadstack, hpi filter, zrc isolator, 8k spring, 5bss pipe, 29/31 swapped, bow ties, etc, etc) is only a tick faster accelerating than my friends Erevo on 22.2v/18t pinion/6.3 tires/1518 1800kv. Same results on 2200kv as well.

I would put money on it a gasser weighing less than 25 lbs with a race setup 26 or 27cc would be even better than my P2W. That was the first thing I noted when I built P2W was that it has the acceleration of an 1/8 electric AND it has more traction/controllablity on the high end in dirt and grass. Very fast!

DemonRC

hamster huey said:
You are correct. My 25lb rampage (race ported ONB 27.2, lightened piston, 813, shreadstack, hpi filter, zrc isolator, 8k spring, 5bss pipe, 29/31 swapped, bow ties, etc, etc) is only a tick faster accelerating than my friends Erevo on 22.2v/18t pinion/6.3 tires/1518 1800kv. Same results on 2200kv as well.
I would put money on it a gasser weighing less than 25 lbs with a race setup 26 or 27cc would be even better than my P2W. That was the first thing I noted when I built P2W was that it has the acceleration of an 1/8 electric AND it has more traction/controllablity on the high end in dirt and grass. Very fast!
That sure does sound like a fast setup. You should try running the Elcon front wheels/tires for the 5B. They are standard ole glue-ons so they're much lighter than any beadlocks I've held in my hand.

rob64n

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
I want them ALL! The truck, the buggy and the E-buggy! :D
you better catch up since i already have the truck and buggy, all i need now is the electric versions,lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts