• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

she's in!!!!!

G

The wheels are very heavy and do not come balanced. They can be balanced. It would help some.

kingpin

RCDAD said:
The wheels are very heavy and do not come balanced. They can be balanced. It would help some.
do I take them to firestone for balancingJ/K:D what wheel balance unit do I need. or should I just live with it, I wont be able to go to fast with the tires like this. :mad:

G

You would most likely need to build your own. I've never seen one big enough for the MT. Here is a home made unit.

-

873bfd746cc96abcbfc6722135dae53e.jpg

RampageHopUps

kingpin said:
why would the throttle go first, figure it would be the steering servo? as far as the receiver being left on what would happen? I leave it on on my other trucks(tend to forget HA) and the end point should be set to what? like I said this is my first redcat and don't want to mess anything up. :confused: :D
Leaing the receiver on will put the brake into fail safe mode and the constant force will burn up the servo. ANy 5th scale will do the same.

The Redcat servos are known for solder melting on the RX board and then short circuiting the wires.

kingpin

RampageHopUps said:
Leaing the receiver on will put the brake into fail safe mode and the constant force will burn up the servo. ANy 5th scale will do the same.The Redcat servos are known for solder melting on the RX board and then short circuiting the wires.
hey good to know thanks for the info.

Deluge

kingpin said:
OK she started on the secound pull run's nice...but when I give her gas on the street not grass I notice the wheel's being heavy the whole truck start's to shake, like the wheels start to wobble, it's like a real car without shock's. on low RPM the wheel's are fine, but when I gun it the whole truck look's like it's going to rattle to death. wheel's probably need's balancing?. :confused:
Either they're unbalanced, or the foams have flat spots from sitting on the tires for too long. When you store it, try and keep the tires off the ground.

kingpin

Deluge said:
Either they're unbalanced, or the foams have flat spots from sitting on the tires for too long. When you store it, try and keep the tires off the ground.
just have it for a few days now and I keep all my trucks off the ground when not in use. if you look at my pic's you will notice that my baja's are on wood flat's just for that reason,found that out with my clod buster years ago, ever since they all been off the ground. but thanks for the heads up, been looking on youtube for balancing tire's and like rcdad said I will have to make my own setup, where your tires off balance as mine? if so how you get them to run without them jumping on you. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Guantanamo Joe

I balanced my XT's tires using a roll of magnetic stripping with a tape back... No need for the magnet, just nice and heavy material with a very sticky back. Before doing this, my XT with homemade foams would litterally hop down the road, after doing this, it ran smooth. The XT has smaller wheels though, so I was able to use a production balancer. I too am going to come up with a balancer for the MT...

kingpin

Guantanamo Joe said:
I balanced my XT's tires using a roll of magnetic stripping with a tape back... No need for the magnet, just nice and heavy material with a very sticky back. Before doing this, my XT with homemade foams would litterally hop down the road, after doing this, it ran smooth. The XT has smaller wheels though, so I was able to use a production balancer. I too am going to come up with a balancer for the MT...
just nice and heavy material with a very sticky back. got ya! and let me know how your balancer come's out.

Deluge

kingpin said:
just have it for a few days now and I keep all my trucks off the ground when not in use. if you look at my pic's you will notice that my baja's are on wood flat's just for that reason,found that out with my clod buster years ago, ever since they all been off the ground. but thanks for the heads up, been looking on youtube for balancing tire's and like rcdad said I will have to make my own setup, where your tires off balance as mine? if so how you get them to run without them jumping on you. :confused:
Mine have a bit of wobble. They don't really hop, though.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Cool. I have always wanted to balance the big pigs. The shaking was the main reason I swapped them out. As soon as I can decide on a engine, I want to throw them back on. Having them balanced will help with top speed control.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Sweet. Post some pics of what you come up with!

kingpin

RCDAD said:
Cool. I have always wanted to balance the big pigs. The shaking was the main reason I swapped them out. As soon as I can decide on a engine, I want to throw them back on. Having them balanced will help with top speed control.
what tires did you put on your MT ?.

G

They are a pretty good tire. I wish they came in the 5b size also.

kingpin

ok I installed the chrome pipe that came with the truck and she runs then turns off, start her up she run's and shuts off I guess I have to fool around with the needles. :mad:

kingpin

also noticed fuel or exhuast oil coming from under the pipe connecting to the head, should I just get another gasket , Im using the one that was on the stock can?.

G

Yes, make sure your bolts are not bottoming out in the cylinder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts