• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

RAMPAGE XB - Transmission Gear

Abdulrahman

Hello everyone

I have some questions

1- What is the gears ratio in stock Rampage-XB ?

2- If I want to change gear for top speed change A + B + C + D gears or only A+B gears?

3- Where can I buy gears for top speed ?

Silent_chaos

1) Rampage xb gears are 29 31 25 25.

2) if you want top speed, you need to install 35 25 25 25.

You can purchase that 35 tooth gear from redcat websites or largescalerc.com or davesmotors.com

But when you install this, you will lose torque, and the car will not get up from the ground fastly. It will be faster in the long run yes, but the 1st 5 seconds will be very slow till it picks up

3) refer above

4) bonus: you can always get a 2 speed transmission from DemonRc. This way you can tune for torque and a good top speed. You can calculate the ratios in their website and see which one suits you best.

(See the adds on the left side of the page

《---------------)

(Ya3ne byeje gheyaren, enta bt7added 3ala ayya rpm yghayyer la tene gheyar)

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

You can switch you A and B gears only for more top speed. If you switch to a 8K clutch you will not lose much torque at all after switching the A and B gears.

Abdulrahman

Silent_chaos said:
1) Rampage xb gears are 29 31 25 25.2) if you want top speed, you need to install 35 25 25 25.

You can purchase that 35 tooth gear from redcat websites or largescalerc.com or davesmotors.com

But when you install this, you will lose torque, and the car will not get up from the ground fastly. It will be faster in the long run yes, but the 1st 5 seconds will be very slow till it picks up

3) refer above

4) bonus: you can always get a 2 speed transmission from DemonRc. This way you can tune for torque and a good top speed. You can calculate the ratios in their website and see which one suits you best.

(See the adds on the left side of the page

《---------------)

(Ya3ne byeje gheyaren, enta bt7added 3ala ayya rpm yghayyer la tene gheyar)
Thank you for your response

Did you mean this gears set ?

http://www.davesmotors.com/redcat-07188-25-tooth-steel-gear-for-rampage.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/redcat-07184-35-tooth-steel-gear-for-rampage.html

I will change the engine and I will put the zenoah (G320RC) engine, I think this engine have maximum torque so i want highest gear ratios.

Abdulrahman

rcgasser said:
You can switch you A and B gears only for more top speed. If you switch to a 8K clutch you will not lose much torque at all after switching the A and B gears.
Thank you for your response

Silent_chaos

Abdulrahman said:
Thank you for your responseDid you mean this gears set ?

http://www.davesmotors.com/redcat-07188-25-tooth-steel-gear-for-rampage.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/redcat-07184-35-tooth-steel-gear-for-rampage.html

I will change the engine and I will put the zenoah (G320RC) engine, I think this engine have maximum torque so i want highest gear ratios.
Yes. Those are the gears.

But trust me you will not like it. Gears do a lot of difference . What you are seeking is maybe 15-20km/h difference. Thats about it.

That engine is good and very new. I suggest you pick up a good pipe as well, you can get out of it at least another 1.5 bhp.

If i were you id pick 2 speed. Or replace the A with B so ull have 31 29 25 25. Best option

BertR

Mine came with 25/25 too ..but it was a xt before I converted it to a buggy lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts