• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Purchasing an XBE

Moondance

Hi everyone,

So after a very long time of wanting to purchase an XBE, I am now in a position to do so, but need some help about what to buy. Before i get into that I just want to let you know a little about me and what I will be using the car for.

This will be my first RC car. I have never built or worked on any RC cars. A few years back my cousin was racing 1/10th on road and 1/8th off road Nitro's and he always had a spare car available and he would invite me along and I would race the spare cars. I really enjoyed it but never had the spare cash to afford getting into the hobby. Now I do.

In regards to using the car, It will spending most of it's life tearing up large grass sports ovals and parks, so no "serious" bashing. I won't be racing it, but I may at some point find a track to have some fun on. I am looking to run 6s but would like the option in the future to move up to 8s. I am looking for something that is reliable and needs a minimum of maintenance work. I have actually seriously thought about buying an HPI Vorza flux but they are more expensive than a XBE here so have decided not to go down that path.

Now onto the buying part. I live in Sydney Australia and the Readcat Rampge brand is not sold here. the car (made by HSP) is available though under the following names (and prices)

The HSP 94077 https://www.hobbywarehouse.com.au/hsp-94077-blue-yellow-rc-buggy.html $630AUD

The HPI Maverick Vader XB https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/products/MV12701 around $900

The HSP King Hornet 94059 http://www.hspracing.com/product_view.asp?id=1019 which is around $750 and has a 1220KV motor and appears to be the latest HSP 1/5th scale 4WD electric.

I am also thinking very seriously about contacting 7075rc and either ordering a rolling chassis or a custom build from them or maybe Kershaw designs. (and yes if you were wondering that option is within my budget)

Looking forward to all your suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

Get the roller, you'll save ton of money in the long run. $900 + or- a little. The only part on my Redcat that is stock is the diff's, the driveshafts, and the shocks. Very tough car, "almost" never fails.

Phill

I bought my Dunerunner (HSP Bajer) from Hobby Warehouse

Goodvprices but don't expect any warranty or after sales service from them.

Their standard answer to any probs is "You pay the postage and we'll look at it"

All of the help I've had has come through this forum.

Moondance

Phill said:
I bought my Dunerunner (HSP Bajer) from Hobby WarehouseGoodvprices but don't expect any warranty or after sales service from them.

Their standard answer to any probs is "You pay the postage and we'll look at it"

All of the help I've had has come through this forum.
Yeah, I have had to deal with Oz customer service for long enough to know thats how things go. I was pretty sure that after purchasing something, my goto place for issues/problmes would be here or other R/C forums.

Ol said:
Get the roller, you'll save ton of money in the long run. $900 + or- a little. The only part on my Redcat that is stock is the diff's, the driveshafts, and the shocks. Very tough car, "almost" never fails.
OK looks like I need to make some enquiries. Can you send me a PM on how to proceed from here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts