• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project M-XT

crazyfast

claude bigelow said:
Did you have to paint the wheels? Or do they come in different colors?
They do come in gun metal, chrome, and black but if you want the bead locks different you have to paint them yourself.

claude bigelow

Just picked these up, trying to get ready for a weekend project.

Thanks @crazyfast

crazyfast

NIIIICE! Funny that was the color I was going to go with but at the last minute I picked the white. I can't stress enough on having a warm place to spray it. Post pics!!!!!!

G

Add some mesh tape after the first coat it give it more strength.

crazyfast

RCDAD said:
Add some mesh tape after the first coat it give it more strength.
The plasti dip is actually just a replacement for paint so it'll be sprayed to the outside of the body. It was originally made to coat car/truck wheels instead of paying hundreds for powdercoating. Strictly cosmetic.

But yes, I can't stress enough the importance of the shoe goo and mesh tape!! Only took me a couple broken bodies to realize the importance of it.... :eek:

G

crazyfast said:
The plasti dip is actually just a replacement for paint so it'll be sprayed to the outside of the body. It was originally made to coat car/truck wheels instead of paying hundreds for powdercoating. Strictly cosmetic. But yes, I can't stress enough the importance of the shoe goo and mesh tape!! Only took me a couple broken bodies to realize the importance of it.... :eek:
Gotcha....

I was think'n you sprayed it on the inside of a clear body, for color and reinforcement.

crazyfast

Finally got the XSC body pieced backed together (broke off entire left rear corner). Finished up fitting the rear aluminum body posts and with that, I was able to finish trimming the XSC body. This thing just looks mean! And makes a stock XT look like a play toy! View attachment 7061 View attachment 7063 View attachment 7064

004.jpg

014.jpg

004.jpg

014.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/004.jpg.a2eca509a9cbd56f1ad8179afe37059a.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/014.jpg.124725382cedce64ee7a8d51219b8a2a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyfast

Started working on the cage tonight. Picked up an $8 bender and some low temp alumiweld from Harbor Freight today. This may be easier than I thought!!

While at the hardware store, I figured I'd pick up some of these 3/8" hose clamps to use in replace of collars for setting body post height. These things have a DEATH GRIP on the body posts lol... and extremely easy/fast to adjust!!

Plus these little clamps are great for helping hold the cage pieces at proper height!

crazyfast

SO... turns out the low temp Alumiweld DOES NOT WORK!!!! IF it sticks, it will only stick to one piece. I've been practicing on scrap pieces with no luck. I even ground down the tube using an angle grinder!

Any suggestions for joining aluminum??

G

Tig welder.....

crazyfast

lol welp... that was my pretty much my assumption. Just hoping there was some magical solution that would appear lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts