• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Primer bulb not draining?

amstel78

I remember when I first got my XB a couple of weeks ago, my primer bulb would drain after a period of inactivity. Now, the primer bulb remains full even after 24 hours.

I vented the fuel tank by enlarging the hole on the cap recently so I don't think it's a pressure issue, plus, the bulb was draining prior to me venting the tank.

Apart from that, the engine runs well. One aspect of having the bulb full is that I've found it unnecessary to prime the engine before a cold start. I just flip the choke on, pull 3-5 times until it sounds like it's about to start, then turn the choke off. The motor usually fires up with one or two pulls after that and will idle forever if you let it.

alfred e numan

your carb repaired itself!! The bulb is not supposed to drain. Something was amiss in the carb, stuck valve-leaking needle valve under the fuel bulb- who knows huh?

amstel78

Strange indeed. I was under the impression that the bulb should eventually drain... at least that's my experience with the other small 2 strokes in my garage.

alfred e numan

well- eventually the bulbs fuel level will go down. leakage and or evaporation. the walbros i have can set unused for weeks and still have about 1/2 full bulb. most times i drain the gas tank- purge the gas out of the carb with the primer bulb-

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts