• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plug Wire?

G

Ryneito said:
So pretty much its just for looks? You don't gain any performance value from it? Better spark ect..
That is correct. It probably does give better spark but does not increase performance.

Nowheretogojs

Even if its no gain in performance I ripped the original boot. But as in any other electrical connection better wire equals less resistance equals better spark better burn. So yea even a 10% bump may not be noticable but is still there.

rampage idiot

Mine is a MSD wire it is thicker wire will last longer , MSD is one of the biggest names in racing, mine is neon green it might not run better but it looks cool as hell! My original was not glued in

Nowheretogojs

Mine was glued.. Quite well I may add.. Destroyed the socket where the wire goes in. Cant get the remaining wire out to boot....Talk about frustrating. Second, Started to do the intake and veloc. stack... Forgot that you cant have the choke with it.Im gonna trim the choke plate around the edge that hangs up on the stack. Or I could grind the stack to get the clearance.... As well as the bolts being too long(easy fix). Also tried to install the stainless steel starter cable( the brass crimp will in no way fit on the cable with all strands in tact. Am I doing something wrong or are these things always this much of a pain in the #ss to upgrade??? Is there a way to get a coil without the wire?

Nowheretogojs

What choices do I have for replacement coils? Preferably one with no glue....

G

desismileys_3383.gif That will work also.

Deluge

Ryneito said:
So pretty much its just for looks? You don't gain any performance value from it? Better spark ect..
In the grand scheme of things, no. It's just a wire. You're still running the stock coil, so it's going to perform pretty much the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.