• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plug Wire?

Nowheretogojs

I have an msd wire coming for my MT due to the boot ripping on the original. Problem is I cant seem to get the old wire out of the coil? Is it glued in? Or is this a deal where it is not replacable? :confused:

cordy

Yes I believe its glued in. The new plug wire comes with heat shrink. Someone that has changed a plug wire could send you the instructions on how to remove your plug wire and install a new wire.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

It's glued in. I changed mine but kinda ripped it out and my new wire I epoxyd the crap out of it and its holding up fine. I think on cy coils the stock wire unscrews better but don't quote me on that. It is possible. Hope it goes good

rampage idiot

The plug wire threads out pretty easy then use a small dab of epoxy on the new one and use the heat shrink that is included, The new wire is larger in diameter a little tight going through the rubber grommet,but not a problem

cordy

Yuo can get them at daves discount motors in utah or large scale rc in indiana.

GTS 666

Glued and threaded I would of stuck with the original the MSD are a PITA to fit. The insulation is to thick to fit back on the coil nicely IMO. The new lead screws on and you epoxy it.

GTS 666

rampagemt said:
I would stuck with stock to just like the look of the colored wire. Don't do nothin but make it look good. That adds like 50 HP haha
I'm hearing you. Maybe not 50 but aleast 5 at the wheels lol.

rampagemt

I did only one and it was screwed in but it was glued I had a heck of a time getting off

G

Deluge said:
Don't forget the DDM sticker doubles torque, at least.
Yep, I had to peel mine back off. I could not controle the power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online