• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plastic rollcage

G

rampagemt said:
I emailed hbz as well and they got 2 left after your order I think I might pick that up!!
What are they selling the last few for?

G

I'm sure they want them gone.

cherryride

still working on my rollcage

finally got in most of the plastic i need to finish my roll cage

!

Last edited by a moderator:

cherryride

thats a barca chassis.its 1 1/2 inches shorter than a dune runner.

Last edited by a moderator:

cherryride

its all abs plastic,and i used abs cement to glue the joints. then when it dried, i drilled the joints and used 3/16 abs welding rod to pin them .used the abs cement on the pins too.the cement will fill any gaps and then i sand or file flush. going to try wrapping with carbon fiber after its done,but its looking like a huge job now! lol

krashkrieg

Contributor
So ABS plastic is just as strong / forgiving as Delrin?....I like the idea of using abs cement with the assembly

Cage looks really cool, I guess you worked out the mounting problems with the Barca chassis?....

cherryride

krashkrieg said:
So ABS plastic is just as strong / forgiving as Delrin?....I like the idea of using abs cement with the assemblyCage looks really cool, I guess you worked out the mounting problems with the Barca chassis?....
i used the abs because of the cement and pins . the carbon fiber should re-enforce the joints even more and motorcycle fairings are made of abs !

thats enough for me. =)

cherryride

ok the abs plastic wont work if you use the cement. the cement hardens the plastic so it breaks instead of flexing. guess ill try moding a losi or team chase 1.

no new car for xmas i guess! =(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts