• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plastic rollcage

rampage idiot

I know I was looking on on-line metals.com they have a bunch and they don't even know what the best would be, I am thinking of messing around and make a custom plastic cage just to see what I can come up with

G

rampage idiot said:
I know I was looking on on-line metals.com they have a bunch and they don't even know what the best would be, I am thinking of messing around and make a custom plastic cage just to see what I can come up with
It here have been a few guys on the forum make them. Maybe one of them will chime in. I've never heard how well they lasted.

Last edited:

cherryride

I'm making one out of abs plastic and then wrapping with carbon fiber.

I used abs welding rod to pin the joints instead of screws and used abs cement to fill any gaps.

i have afew pictures in my album MT Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Nowheretogojs

That is a sweet ride there.... Looks good even with the MT wheels and tires. Why didnt you just use carbon rod for the cage?

G

cherryride said:
I'm making one out of abs plastic and then wrapping with carbon fiber.I used abs welding rod to pin the joints instead of screws and used abs cement to fill any gaps.

Sounds interesting.

rampage idiot

cherryride said:
I'm making one out of abs plastic and then wrapping with carbon fiber.I used abs welding rod to pin the joints instead of screws and used abs cement to fill any gaps.

That is some really cool stuff you have done on the truck looks great nice job!

Deluge

cherryride said:

That's cool!

krashkrieg

Contributor
rampage idiot said:
A lot of guys have made cages out of Delrin for 1/8 scales and some for 1/5...Google around a bit and you should find a bunch of ideas... have rolled my MT many times and still haven't cracked the stock plastic one so I think a Delrin one would work fantastic. A while back I found lots of info on others that have made them, but never got around to actually ordering any and making one. Maybe now that I have a real work area again... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts