• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Other Exhaust Options

Dreggsta

10-4 wil do. i don't want to say much right now as i'm still researching things out. i plan on actually upgrading both at the same time w/some basic stuff i know i'll need either from what i've concluded from my research or from my experience w/trucks & atv's. one's for me & the other's gonna be for my son. i figure this'll be a good start for him to learn how machine's work & what not. i want a little wild streak in our rides so they stand out from the crowd but i want longevity more. i'll see how things turn out after all's said & done.

FancyPants

Yeah my kid is a little young for the 5th scale but hope to pass it on to him as he gets older, I will say this I love my XT and have yet to upgrade anything besides the exhaust. And I think I just incurred my first servo failure. But other than the exhaust it's bone stock. Good luck with your little project and the main thing I think everyone will agree...Have Fun!!!

Dreggsta

thank you very munch fancy. i really can't wait lol. it's getting hard to watch youtube vids but it's the closest thing i got lol. rc's aren't that big in my area. i had a track close to my house but it burned down. i know the stands were made of wood but how does a dirt track burn down??? good thing these cars are good for bashing bc that's what they'll be doing mostly. one thing a man needs tho is a hobby. i've been so busy w/my son's sports for the past 3 years that i haven't been able to tinker much except on house projects. as nice as those are lol, i need something else. something that goes vroom-vroom lol. :D

FancyPants

Lol...I hear you...this hobby has consumed me, but the wife is fine with it(thankfully) but its been fun I've only been in the hobby since November. And now have 1 nitro, an emaxx that I just turned into an awesome build project, the XT, a torment a 1/16 summit, redcat tornado epx pro...but have mainly been teaching the kid how to drive...that has been the most fun...those oooooooo moments he causes...lol then sits out in the garage and ask me why he can't drive it (he's 3 btw) but its awesome and I'll tell you I wish I would have gotten into this so much sooner!

one thing I do know is this group of guys here are some of the most helpful, like a second group guys that go rcing with you on the weekend.

Dreggsta

oh i otally understand the consume part. i'm single & i've chosen my rides over my women before lol (prolly why i'm single, go figure lol). i like my power tools too haha. being able to fix things & owning things you can work on can really save you lots of money. i've had to repair & replace lots of things on my chevy truck. i really want to be able to pass this onto my son (he's 10). this'll be his 1st rc & i know it's a bit big but it'll be something we will do together. not something i'm gonna give him to go do by himself. that just doesn't work. he's been asking me how things work & what a drive train is so this should help him out when he gets older. he's been around atv's since he was a baby. he knows how to feather the throttle & hold it & not stab it like a mad man. we're just going to putt around the back yard for a while to get the feel of these things & then we'll go hit up some spots. since i started researching i've been looking for bashing spots lol. i feel like i came a long way in my reasearch. at 1st i was looking at the exceed, then the traxxas, then the hpi's & then i stumbled onto the redcat. i knew i didn't want electric & i thot i was going to have to settle on a nitro (i'm not bashing either one of them, just my preference) & when i found the redcat & saw all the parts available & the commonality of the parts i fell in love. my fav brand of atv was the arctic cat. it's parts catalog is just like the redcats. there were 3 different oem diff gear set ups, there were all sorts of things that could cross fit each other. from the 400cc to the 1000cc, the diffs were the same. the axles, the same. i mean like everything. that is so nice. anyways, yeh, i feel right at home here. & yeh, the guys here are great. they've helped me out a lot. i owe each one of them a few cold one's.

ohh & teaching the kids how to drive is paramount!!! that's another reason i am getting into this hobby. i want my son to have as much simulated experience as possible bc timing things & learning how to give yourself enough room & making snap judgements are very important driving skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

Re: Other Exhaust Options

Let's just have a huge get together and drink and bash lol if only

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts