• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Other Exhaust Options

Dreggsta

Has anyone tried or experimented w/these 2 pipes?

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/Aluminum_Quiet_Tuned_Pipe_p/km66.htm

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/Ghost_Exhaust_Pipe_SS_Style_p/km38.htm

From what I've been reading, pipes that aren't for redcats but are for 5b's & Baja's will fit. Sometimes. Sometimes w/modification. I'm on a budget bc I am buying 2 xt's lol. I really can't afford the nicer pipes like the jetpro's like I'd like too. Do they look like they'd fit? They don't look much different than the oem pipes but they are in my price range as I would be buying 2. It's something like these or making due w/the stock pipes. I did various stock exhaust mods on atv's that yielded power gains so I can make due w/an oem pipe I guess lol.

Ildy666

I would stay away from the aluminum pipes because they get hot and melt and crack.I bought a rovan pipe its a dominator clone and its steel looks really good even chrome plated it was $60 not a bad pipe looks as good if not better then the ddm it ws cloned after.i havent run the xt yet with it but it does fit with slight modding...but someone else on the forum bought the same pipe and r using it maybe they can chime in for more info...

G

Yep, stay away from the aluminum pipes. You will need to get creative if you go with a pipe deigned for another vehicle. The roll cage and shock towers can get in the way.

I have one of the rear clones and I had to extend it and modify my rear shock tower.

I also had to weld on appropriate support tabs.

Ildy666

RCDAD said:
Yep, stay away from the aluminum pipes. You will need to get creative if you go with a pipe deigned for another vehicle. The roll cage and shock towers can get in the way. I have one of the rear clones and I had to extend it and modify my rear shock tower.

I also had to weld on appropriate support tabs.
I had to do the same thing.i cut out the rear shock tower center a little to clear was ur mod the same RCDAD?

BertR

I have a clone as well and works dam good for tbe 60 bones i paid for it.I plumed it through the tower and added a 2 inches.check out engage rs if your on a budget

Dreggsta

Bert, I googled engage rc & I can't find anything.

Thanks idly666 & rcdad. I appreciate y'all helping me not waste money. Looks like I'll be staying stock for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

As for making modifications to fit tho, I can do that too. I know sometimes it's easy & other times not so much. I don't mind making something fit. It's just the cutting of the lexan of the xb body on the xt chassis. I'll have to cut trim the xb lexan bc of the xt exhaust. & I'm not interested in spending $70 x 2 on oem xb pipes.

G

Ildy666 said:
I had to do the same thing.i cut out the rear shock tower center a little to clear was ur mod the same RCDAD?
Yes I had to remove the cross braces. I added and re-angled the pipe so the bend was not at the coupling.

-

BertR

Dreggsta after you click the link the category on the left it will be in the tuned exhaust or KM HPI compatible Baja5b,5T category just scroll through all the pages there is many different pipes..I hope this will help you in the quest for a affordable sulution

BertR

That is true! The link I posted said you buy this and the other is free They sent the pipe and hardware but no gaskets or x port

Dreggsta

thanks for the link bert. for the price of those engage pipes i might as well spend my money on a better pipe.

i am wanting to get an xt & put an xb lexan on it w/rear wing. i like the gearing & truggy tires that are on the xt as well as the fact that they are smaller than the mt tires. i see the xt as a truggy & the mt as a full on monster truck but that's me. i like customizing things & making them my own. guess i'll stick w/the oem pipes for now lol.

Dreggsta

thanks rampagemt. the prices in those links i possted have onefor $38 & another for $42 i think. i believe you get what you pay for. i was just thinking of giving them a shot til i can afford a real pipe. i mean a jetpro is $180 (& worth every bit i'm sure). multiply that times 2 & it's $360! i just can't do that right now. i was just looking for a "get-me-by" pipe that is better than oem but cheaply priced much like these redcats.

G

Unfortunately the less expensive Redcat does not mean less expensive aftermarket products.

FancyPants

I know you are looking at the bigger pipes but have you looked into the x-cann's? I have had mine for a few months and love it. I'm unsung 5/8's heater hose to dump it out the back. It's loud, no real performance boost...maybe low end but that's not really that noticeable. But I have enjoyed it. And some will say about the stingers falling out...and I took that into consideration, but the amount of locktite I have on them(blue) they have still yet to come loose. The screws and lower side of the x-cann does have some leakage, not crazy drips just...well more of a seepage after a long day of running. I'm guessing I have the gasket pinched or something in that area. But to make a long story short...take a look and see what you think. I have some pics somewhere on here.

Dreggsta

i 've looked at the x-cans but they are steep pricy, well, the ones i saw anyways. i'm buying 2 xt's so ineed something affordable. i am investing in some other stuff too as i have a list of parts to get. it's looking like i am going to stick w/the oem pipe so far. some of these pipes are rediculously loud. the oem pipes don't seem to bad compared to some of the other pipes i've listened to on youtube. i know things are different in person than they are on some crappy recording but i have neighbors. while i can do what i want on my own land i do believe in the golden rule.

FancyPants

I hear you on the neighbors part...rob was able to get them at a decent price if I remember right. I know I ended up ordering mine off eBay...just browse...and yeah I wouldn't replace the pipe until it breaks, I took a nasty spill...and pretty much snapped mine off. Getting 2 XT's is awesome...congrats. Another thing is to upgrade one, see what you like and don't like...then get some other parts for the second XT. Good luck and let us know with what you decide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts