• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

No start

Ice_2k

You're going through your entire charge just idling it for 45mins? Doesn't make much sense, why would it use so much power when you're not using the servos? I ran mine today for ~35 minutes, battery wasn't tired yet. I'll recharge it anyway before running it again.

Nitrors4pr

BertR said:
If you have as many 1/5th as you say you do...You should have your own method or process of a proper break in without looking at a manual.
You are right, I usually go with the OBR method as my other gas car have OBR motors but since I'm dealing with this HY motor I know nothing about I wanted to just follow direction. Better safe than sorry !

Nitrors4pr

Ice_2k said:
You're going through your entire charge just idling it for 45mins? Doesn't make much sense, why would it use so much power when you're not using the servos? I ran mine today for ~35 minutes, battery wasn't tired yet. I'll recharge it anyway before running it again.
I agree bro, the car wouldn't respond and the receiver light flashing rapidly. I assume its dead because it doesn't sync up again until I charge the receiver pack. Maybe its the flysky radio ?, idk. I have a receiver coming today for it so I can use my 4PLS after i'll know if its the radio system or the batt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

you could try disconnecting one (or both) servos and trying again (no need to have the engine running). This way at least you can eliminate the servos as the culprits. Is the battery charging time as it should be or is it shorter?

Nitrors4pr

Ice_2k said:
you could try disconnecting one (or both) servos and trying again (no need to have the engine running). This way at least you can eliminate the servos as the culprits. Is the battery charging time as it should be or is it shorter?
That's a pretty good idea thanks.... I use my trakpower VR-1 charger to charge it up. Usually it puts back only around 600mah before it says its done charging, maybe its the radio system because of the rapid flashing light, what does that mean ? Battery or error ?

Ice_2k

How many amps are you charging it at? Doesn't the charger also tell you the battery's voltage? Either way, 0.6Ah is not good... The battery is either not able to charge all the way, or something else on your car is only accepting a full-charge battery. Unfortunately, I don't know what the rapid flashing light means, maybe someone else can help there.

Nitrors4pr

Ice_2k said:
How many amps are you charging it at? Doesn't the charger also tell you the battery's voltage? Either way, 0.6Ah is not good... The battery is either not able to charge all the way, or something else on your car is only accepting a full-charge battery. Unfortunately, I don't know what the rapid flashing light means, maybe someone else can help there.
Charging it at 2.5a since its a 2500mah battery, I'm going to swap in the Futaba receiver when it comes later and see how every works then. With the car at idle its shouldn't be killing the battery so early since the servos aren't being used. I believe its the radio system, I will report back later after swapping the system.

Nitrors4pr

Hey Guys, Update on this...the plug was fouled and that was causing the hard restart. I replaced the plug and took it out to my bash spot and open her up. I was pretty surprised of the power it had. I'm not sure if its was the 990 carb that opened it up or not but its pretty fun, too much fun cause I ended up kart wheeling it after a jump which in turn snapped the body, upper arm, and front bumper. Now to order a 2-speed, jetpro pipe and the replacement parts. Thanks again all for your help !

BertR

Yep the 990 will help the performance quite a bit.. Good to hear its running and to bad its down for parts..the summer months will be better on the plastics as they won't be so brittle.

Nitrors4pr

BertR said:
Yep the 990 will help the performance quite a bit.. Good to hear its running and to bad its down for parts..the summer months will be better on the plastics as they won't be so brittle.
Yeah and I was running it in alot of snow, it even got stuck at one point. After shutting it down I had to chizzel snow off the carb lol

Is there a alternative body you or anyone else know of ? the stock body broke also and Its way too thin to hold up to bashing. I need something thicker

BertR

I believe that the fg bodies fit.. The cold is a killer on all bodies!! When the weather warms up the bodies are a lot stronger..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts