• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new stuff

ImminentFailure

I prefer threaded adapter to take a nut as well. Appreciate the unique and bullet proof engineer of the cap, but I like being able to use any 24mm hex nut, open/closed/ otherwise. Can have different color caps cheaper that way and easily available at any LHS and sometime hardware store.

I love how it threads on before being locked down by the set screws.

Zapped

Ol said:
I'll put them up on the site with the caped ones but I will need a week to make them and ship.
Okay thanks,I will look out for them.

Zapped

Ol'fart, What's the ETA on the steering mounts? I want to order the Threaded adapters but would like to do one order.

Ol' fart

Zapped said:
Ol'fart, What's the ETA on the steering mounts? I want to order the Threaded adapters but would like to do one order.
Zapped, Those will not be ready for at least a month. The C mounts are what we are working on now.

Ol' fart

Help

I have some orders for threaded adaptors. But I have no nuts to measure.

I think it is a 17mm thread but what pitch. The sites out there say "fine thread", no help. Are they offered with differant threads, course one's and fine ones????

Zapped

Ol said:
I have some orders for threaded adaptors. But I have no nuts to measure.I think it is a 17mm thread but what pitch. The sites out there say "fine thread", no help. Are they offered with differant threads, course one's and fine ones????
I have only seen fine threads but I do not know what pitch and I do not have a pitch gauge.Could get you the pitch tomorrow if you want.

Ol' fart

That would be an oddball size. standard is 1.0 or 1.5. Looks like I will have to by a set just to make sure.

Ol' fart

Thanks

Looks like most people like the threaded design..... I have not had a problem with the cap screws coming out and I don't use any locktite.

I'll get the nuts in next week and I'll be shipping the threaded adapters soon after that.

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
Looks like most people like the threaded design..... I have not had a problem with the cap screws coming out and I don't use any locktite.I'll get the nuts in next week and I'll be shipping the threaded adapters soon after that.
Awesome, count me in for a set when you get the C-Hubs done too :D

I know, Im a slavedriver! :p

ImminentFailure

Any idea how far out past the wheel the thread's will stick? Just wondering if it will be similar to stock, planning to use only closed nuts on mine.

Ol' fart

Closed nut is good 'cause the threads on the axle show. How much thread is in a closed nut? I'll adjust the adaptor to use all the threads. Also, is it domed on the inside or flat?

Ol' fart

Got the nuts in and they are 18x1mm thread. The body is 24mmx6mm thick.

This doesn't match anything I've heard. Are there differant sizes of HPI wheel nuts???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts