• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new stuff

Ol' fart

Here's the prototype HPI wheel adaptors.

Ya screw it onto the threads of the axle untill it bottems out on the bearing. Back it off till a flat shows and tighten up the set screw's ( less then a 1/4 turn) slip on the wheel and screw on the cap.

-The threads on the axle hold the adaptor on even if the set screws get loose

- All four cap screws would have to come off to lose a wheel

- keeps the wheel close to the bearings for less stress.

-Lightweight all 7075 aluminum.

Anyway, thats what I'm doing, tell me what you think.

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
Here's the prototype HPI wheel adaptors. Ya screw it onto the threads of the axle untill it bottems out on the bearing. Back it off till a flat shows and tighten up the set screw's ( less then a 1/4 turn) slip on the wheel and screw on the cap.

-The threads on the axle hold the adaptor on even if the set screws get loose

- All four cap screws would have to come off to lose a wheel

- keeps the wheel close to the bearings for less stress.

-Lightweight all 7075 aluminum.

Anyway, thats what I'm doing, tell me what you think.
They look great! I love the way they thread on the the axle stubs then get locked down by the set screws. PM incoming :D

DemonRC

I like the idea of the screw on adapter w/ setscrews.

My only issue would be the 4 bolts per wheel. I take off my wheels ALOT to clean out any grass wedged between the hub and bearing and to brush dirt off the bearing. I prolly wouldn't wanna take them off in the field for fear of the locktite not setting good and loosing the cap.

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
I like the idea of the screw on adapter w/ setscrews. My only issue would be the 4 bolts per wheel. I take off my wheels ALOT to clean out any grass wedged between the hub and bearing and to brush dirt off the bearing. I prolly wouldn't wanna take them off in the field for fear of the locktite not setting good and loosing the cap.
I agree. Instead of the 4 screws, just thread the outer section to use stock baja style wheel nuts. That way the cap wouldn't be needed and we could use all those awesome Baja wheel nuts that are available.

fat49f1

Contributor
Oh i can build a cage not a problem. But my wife wont let me buy a cnc machine , time to trade her in. lol. And looking for anything new, there are alot of us out here and hopups are limited as you know.Throw us a bone. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Hell the MT/TT guys get to run 12mm axles w/ Baja hubs. You got Vertigo 10mm extenders, DS extenders, Lunatik duelie adapters, etc.

xbeNewb

Looks like a work of art + eliminates a tool from my field box. If I was to buy a set, I'd want to see a few extra grub screws in the package to replace the inevitably lost screws.

I have the front and rear bearing holders sitting in my shopping cart as I write this...what's the E.T.A on these new adapters? Should I wait another week or two before I order the bearing holders?

Ol' fart

DemonRC said:
I like the idea of the screw on adapter w/ setscrews. My only issue would be the 4 bolts per wheel. I take off my wheels ALOT to clean out any grass wedged between the hub and bearing and to brush dirt off the bearing. I prolly wouldn't wanna take them off in the field for fear of the locktite not setting good and loosing the cap.
I don't think you will need LocTite , the threads are over .600 deep M3

Ol' fart

Obeast44 said:
I agree. Instead of the 4 screws, just thread the outer section to use stock baja style wheel nuts. That way the cap wouldn't be needed and we could use all those awesome Baja wheel nuts that are available.
I could thread them but as a habit I don't like aluminum to aluminum threads,

but I have never used the 25mm nut set-up

Are there any problems with this set-up? do they ever fall off? Gaul up?

Ol' fart

xbeNewb said:
Looks like a work of art + eliminates a tool from my field box. If I was to buy a set, I'd want to see a few extra grub screws in the package to replace the inevitably lost screws.I have the front and rear bearing holders sitting in my shopping cart as I write this...what's the E.T.A on these new adapters? Should I wait another week or two before I order the bearing holders?
ETA? I have the ones with the caps ready now. I could thread some 24mm nuts and offer them both ways.

Zapped

Ol said:
I could thread them but as a habit I don't like aluminum to aluminum threads,but I have never used the 25mm nut set-up

Are there any problems with this set-up? do they ever fall off? Gaul up?
It's a 24mm nut and it is knurled on the backside and grips against the wheel when it's tightened.Once tightened properly they hardly come loose.

Ol' fart

xbeNewb said:
What's the price for a set of 4 with caps?
$60.00 + 5.00 S&H They will be up on the site tomorrow.

I could make some without the caps and threaded for the 24mm nut if enough people wanted some, but you would have to provide your own nuts.

Zapped

Ol said:
$60.00 + 5.00 S&H They will be up on the site tomorrow.I could make some without the caps and threaded for the 24mm nut if enough people wanted some, but you would have to provide your own nuts.
How much would the threaded set cost?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts