• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new helical and straight cut mt gears.

cable97526

Alright guys I just blew the pinion and crown gear out of v3 mt. They look to be pop metal and they are straight cut, question is I see there are helical cut steel gears available but they show straight cut for the Mt? Should I get the helical or straight cut gears? Rob you have any suggestions? Also ive broken two sets of the new diff cups so I guess its back to hardening these myself since moo is gone. Thanks for any help guys!

Greggfromohio

I was also confused by the two different types of gears. I questioned redcat about it but didn't receive a clear answer. I ended up putting the helical cut gears in my truck and they are holding up well.

cable97526

Yeah no one answered so i went back to the stock straight cut which are only on the MT, I'm guessing they do have a greater shear strength because of the larger pinion than the helical cut gears. I'm going to shim them up this time since they were barely making contact. Anyone know were to get some diff shims?

G-Man

Yeah no one answered so i went back to the stock straight cut which are only on the MT' date=' I'm guessing they do have a greater shear strength because of the larger pinion than the helical cut gears. I'm going to shim them up this time since they were barely making contact. Anyone know were to get some diff shims?[/quote']I am in a similar situation. My pinion hex snapped off. The drive cup setscrew came loose and snapped the actual shaft off the pinion. Did the straight cut gears work out? I am also confused what to do here,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts