• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My xb issue with motor?

Motakitty

So I just got a new xb and it started right up, did the choke closed then opened it up and it started right up and ran for a few mins then died started it again then same thingbut then when it died I couldn't get it started again. What should I check

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Motakitty

Re: My xb issue with motor?

I did not but it wouldn't start even with the cap off. I did notice that the cap was wet with gas on the outside of the cap so I know the hole isn't clogged but I do plan on venting the cap

G

Check to see if the spark plug is wet. If it is then it is flooded.

Check to see if you have spark also. The plugs can crap out randomly.

You also should check the carb settings. They don't always come preset.

Motakitty

I was just going to replace three plug with a ngk. What are the base settings I should start with. Sorry I'm new to these trucks

Motakitty

I did notice after it died it was kinda harder to pull the cord and sounded like it didn't want to start but after I drained the gas tank it was a little easier to pull the cord and sounded like it wanted to fire but when I put gas back in it wouldn't start. What would cause the motor to flood while its running, the carb settings?

G

If its too rich it will foul the plug.

Base settings are:

1 1/2 out for the H

1 1/4 out for the L

Motakitty

Cool thanks for your help I'll let you know what I find

Motakitty

Well I found my plug was black and wet so it was getting way too much fuel and I reset the needles cause they were off but I have yet to fire my motor but in sure it should be good. Also I'm venting my tank as well. I put on a velocity stack and cone air filter so it should be getting more air now .

G

Let us know how it goes.

Motakitty

So I vented the tank, went outside filled the tank with gas and primed the bulb and still won't start. Choke is off. I emptied the priming bulb then tried to start it with no gas in the bulb and it fired for a split second but then nothing. I pulled the plug and its flooded again so right now I have the plug out to dry. Its getting spark but how do I get it not to flood

Motakitty

And how long should I leave the plug out to dry?

G

Leave it out over night. Reinstall the plug.

Turn in the low needle until it stops. Leave choke open. Pull the starter a few times it may pop like it wants to start. This helps to clear the excess fuel. Reset the carb to base settings.

1 1/2 out for the H

1 1/4 out for the L

Motakitty

Thanks, after I do that should I prime the bulb? If so how much?

Motakitty

This is how I vented the tank

G

Motakitty said:
Thanks, after I do that should I prime the bulb? If so how much?Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
If its full then don't prime.

If its dry, then just until it fills. Normally 3-4 pumps.

Motakitty

Cool thanks, I'm new to these gas cars

Motakitty

Rcdad I did exactly as you said but still nothing, it sort of sounded like it wanted to start, but I pulled the plug and again its flooded. Could it be a bad carb, I pulled the air filter off and inside was wet with gas too

G

Are leaving the choke open?

You might just be really full of fuel. You can also pull the plug out turn it upside down and pull the starter. This also helps get the fuel out.

Do you have spark? You might be flooding it do to no spark.

Motakitty

I had the choke closed at first, I thought I heard it pop after a few pulls so I opened the choke then nothing. Its getting spark I pulled the plug then plugged the plug in and held the tip to the header and I saw the spark. I also did turn it upside down and pulled the cord a few times nothing came out though but I can see fuel on the piston and on the plug

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts