• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my MT

G

I wish I had an RC salvage yard. :D

carp boyz

Banned
Ludabud said:
Boots all the way around
nice job,that's another thing I've gotta add is some axle boots

if you don'tmind me asking which boots are they and what dog-bones you running?

Ludabud

Hostile boots from ddm and I'm just using front/rear dog bones. I had to cut the boots a lil on the small end to get them on cuz I couldn't get my pins outta the end of the dog bones. But they work great. Only problem I had was that the from outside boots would get twisted up so I just didn't use a zip tie on them ones and it don't do it anymore.

Ludabud

Mine did also but I had two fail on me and the other two wore out. So I went with just dog bones and axles. Just make sure your dog bones are centered in between center diff and axle. I used a lil piece of fuel line.

carp boyz

Banned
Ludabud said:
But some others also like the cvds in their rigs. I'm more for the dog bones myself.
I've heard of some dudes using the MCD dogbones,supposed to be better quality

first I'll see how the cvd's hold up

what exactly do you mean by using a bit of feul line to keep the dogbones centered? would you happen to have any pics?

in which way centered,end to end centered or side to side centered?

Ludabud

Ill take a pic later tonight and show ya. But centered side to side. Its to prevent the dog bone from sliding one way and falling out off the axle.

Ludabud

This is using a diff cup and an old cvd I have. First one is WITHOUT piece of fuel line. Second one IS with a piece that size in there and you would do both axle and diff cups all the way around and make all dog bones centered or equal. I have a very lil play in the dog bones side to side. To tight might break things. Lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1395715049677.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395715101949.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395715049677.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395715101949.jpg

/monthly_2014_03/uploadfromtaptalk1395715049677.jpg.9ddd94423432042973f3814195b4997d.jpg

/monthly_2014_03/uploadfromtaptalk1395715101949.jpg.bc292d9f4895e879373e5fae22a14370.jpg

carp boyz

Banned
thanks,I see what you mean now

would you still bother shimming cvd dogbones seeing that one end is fixed?

guess it wouldn't hurt to shim the one end a bit,leaving enough room for suspension travel of course

too bad they didn't make after market dogbones a few mm's longer to take up a bit of this slop,something like they did with the after market dogbones for the bajas,oh well

thanks again brotha

Ebb75

MCD dogbones are pretty beefy. Bigger diameter wise. I run them in the rear.

carp boyz

Banned
Ebb75 said:
MCD dogbones are pretty beefy. Bigger diameter wise. I run them in the rear.
as soon as these cvd's are done or give me too much trouble I'll be swapping them out for the MCD'S as well

how come only the rear?

would you happen to know if the MCD's are any longer than the regular Redcat dogbones? not the cvd's

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebb75

carp boyz said:
as soon as these cvd's are done or give me too much trouble I'll be swapping them out for the MCD'S as wellhow come only the rear?
Havent had problems with the fronts yet. Kept bending the rears with the stock CVDs

G

Agreed proof of fun! :)

Ludabud

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online